Battlez: Lightning Reed (May 8th) POPCAP BOTS ARE BAD MMKAY

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Lightning Reed (May 8th) POPCAP BOTS ARE BAD MMKAY

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
1 month ago#141
EGame posted...
I've won everytime so far (about 20 matches or so) but They all have been incredibly close and it mostly feels like I have been playing just flat out bots with the setups. I've seen so many people use gold leaf and somehow its leveled up too which both are impossible as its blocked and can't be leveled up. Just seems like they've made it where the bots make it extremely close but you will always pull out with the win in the end.

Pretty much this..I've had a handful of close matchups but what really gave it away that my opts are bots is their score basically came to a dead stop letting me store 50,000 or do more..2-3 matches this has happened, their score stops right towards the end..

I really hope this changes

Btw I'm using sun flower, Caulipower, Bombegrante and primal potato mine imitated..I'm scoring a good 550,000 per match..still notcomfortablewith it though but I really do not want to resort to the lame Stallia/Blover tactic..

bry6trump
1 month ago#142
Silver_age posted...
Has anyone lost to a bot yet? I’ve only played 5 or 6 games under the new setup and so far all the bot encounters have worked as they are supposed to.

I’m getting nothing against me for the first 20 seconds then the bot suddenly gets 10,000 or so less than whatever score I have. It then proceeds to keep in touch no matter how many or few points I amass. Then, dead on 60 seconds to go, it leaps in front and then waits for me to catch it. This keeps up until 20 seconds to go when it allows me to win.

I noticed the same thing..makes for really exciting gameplay right? You are literally rigged to win most matchups no matter your plant level..it really motivates me to grind lol

bry6trump
1 month ago#143
Silver_age posted...
Has anyone lost to a bot yet? I’ve only played 5 or 6 games under the new setup and so far all the bot encounters have worked as they are supposed to.

I’m getting nothing against me for the first 20 seconds then the bot suddenly gets 10,000 or so less than whatever score I have. It then proceeds to keep in touch no matter how many or few points I amass. Then, dead on 60 seconds to go, it leaps in front and then waits for me to catch it. This keeps up until 20 seconds to go when it allows me to win.

I noticed the same thing..makes for really exciting gameplay right? You are literally rigged to win most matchups no matter your plant level..it really motivates me to grind lolSpirit4 posted...
Silver_age posted...

Yes exactly what is happening to me too. I still don't get it, we are playing litteraly so many games worldwide , why still need of these bot plays ??

So we can win most matches..

bry6trump
1 month ago#144
Anyone having any success with lightning Reed? Mine is only lvl 6 but it is quite useless even with 8 of them out there,.they are good at killing weasels but that's it..maybe with mints it's worth using?

User Info: SneakyRene

SneakyRene
1 month ago#145
Mommy2114 posted...
I wish they hadn’t switched the gauntlets for mints. It appears that we have a total of 4 weeks on fila-mint. That is plenty of time to gather the needed mints. The extra gauntlets were more useful to me. Now, I am buying gauntlets. That won’t last long before I would rather not play much than shell out the gems. Fila-mint doesn’t seem worth the complaining that people couldn’t earn it in the first week. I think the mint/gauntlet rewards were better balanced initially. What do you guys think? Anyone else rather go back? Or do most people really want the mints that much?

Agreed, I'd rather have the gaunlets

User Info: sir_joe

sir_joe
1 month ago#146
bry6trump posted...
Anyone having any success with lightning Reed? Mine is only lvl 6 but it is quite useless even with 8 of them out there,.they are good at killing weasels but that's it..maybe with mints it's worth using?

I tried at first and scored like 4 times less than with a lower level shadow set up.

User Info: Silver_age

Silver_age
1 month ago#147
Mine is up to level 11 but is still useless in Battlez.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 month ago#148
SneakyRene posted...
Mommy2114 posted...
I wish they hadn’t switched the gauntlets for mints. It appears that we have a total of 4 weeks on fila-mint. That is plenty of time to gather the needed mints. The extra gauntlets were more useful to me. Now, I am buying gauntlets. That won’t last long before I would rather not play much than shell out the gems. Fila-mint doesn’t seem worth the complaining that people couldn’t earn it in the first week. I think the mint/gauntlet rewards were better balanced initially. What do you guys think? Anyone else rather go back? Or do most people really want the mints that much?

Agreed, I'd rather have the gaunlets

Yeah, I don't think anyone likes the new way. Even putting aside the really mediocre Fila-Mint, and instead considering future Mints, the influx of the resource we used to have was more than enough, if they keep the 1 month time-range to obtain the Plant, which they absolutely should.

bry6trump posted...

It's useless.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: OrangeChalcedon

OrangeChalcedon
1 month ago#149
bry6trump posted...

Not really. And I've tried. Even on a high streak.

I really *really* do not want to just keep using Blover. It gets old.

At this point I'm ready for a frostbite caves battle z level. One where CGs get frozen and, perhaps, Stallia is a banned plant for that week. Just want something where a radically different strategy is the optimal one.

User Info: ElmoKajaky

ElmoKajaky
1 month ago#150
I only add Lightning Reeds when I have extra sun to burn. Also, I like putting PFs on them because they have a pretty nice PF effect.

I guess it's optimal to use PFs in the last minute of the match, since that's when you need a burst of points to beat the bot.

I'm getting all bots today... Man, I hate those stupid bots. Instead of playing my best, I have to play my worst at first to prevent the bot from outscoring me later in the match. This is not how fun works.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Lightning Reed (May 8th) POPCAP BOTS ARE BAD MMKAY

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived