• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  3. Has anyone watched the TOS anime?

User Info: MysticMint

MysticMint
11 months ago#1
Has anyone watched the Symphonia anime? I think the Sylvarant Arc was pretty boring, but the series does get better. I think the anime was a great adaptation of the game, but I think the game was better. Character wise, everyone was pretty good (Genis being my absolute favourite) and the soundtrack was great too. Also watch the bonus OVAs. They are absolutely amazing and worth it.
Currently Playing: Persona 5, Pokemon Colesseum, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

User Info: RubyRaze

RubyRaze
11 months ago#2
I thought it was mediocre, found Abyss' anime slightly better, if only because it was mostly accurate to the game. The Symphonia anime comes across as incoherent and very poorly paced. Even the 4 episode Phantasia felt more coherent.

Symphonia anime looks and sounds better as far as visuals and OST goes however.
A great furry battle is coming.
https://youtu.be/FIRAvvWJbU8

MysticMint
11 months ago#3
RubyRaze posted...
Symphonia anime looks and sounds better as far as visuals and OST goes however.

Agreed. You should watch the bonus OVAs if you haven’t already, they make watching the anime worth it for me. Also I felt that some scenes were done way better in the anime (Corrine’s death, Presea and Regal’s backstory, Genis and Raine being revealed to be half elves, which made me cry). But otherwise, the game is definitely way better.
Currently Playing: Persona 5, Pokemon Colesseum, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
(edited 11 months ago)

RubyRaze
11 months ago#4
I haven't seen them, might check them out if they have some subs as well.

Oh, and I remember one of my favorite fights being Regal vs Zelos. Nicely animated, and really emulates how much more of a beast Regal can be if you know how to use him in (especially the PS2/PS3 version).

And that scene comes right off of showing Zelos' flashback with his mother, more than the game showed us.

Also that quick scene of Kratos making a complete fool out of Sheena after she attacks Lloyd. Never has lightning of all spells look so OP lol.

MysticMint
11 months ago#5
Yep the bonus OVAs have subs, my favourite is the third one(or the first Tethe’alla one) because of how insane and hilarious it is

I didn’t like how they portrayed Sheena in the anime. In the game she’s supposed to be a tough but good hearted person who’s a bit hesistant to kill Colette but in the anime she’s just tough, no nonsense and a bit of a jerk.

The anime did have its comic relief/non serious moments that just came out of nowhere, like how Genis got jealous over Zelos looking after Presea and all the times Zelos got his arse handed to him by Sheena, Genis, etc.

I also feel that the Kratos and Sheena fight scene had some impressive animation too!

RubyRaze
11 months ago#6
Yeah I can see how one would dislike Sheena's portrayal in the anime, not many laughs or wholesome moments from her here. Not that she's comic relief (aside from pitfalls and slapping Zelos), but plenty of scenes, especially the skits show that Sheena was a pretty friendly girl deep down, just bogged down by insecurities. In anime, she's just REALLY serious lol. Even Corrine in a skit says she looks happier that she made some friends after she joins your party.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  3. Has anyone watched the TOS anime?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A