• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  3. I want to like it but I'm bored so far.

User Info: MephistoXv

MephistoXv
1 year ago#1
I'm admittingly not that far into the game but it just isn't hooking me as of yet. I've been to the base where you and Genis split up and just left the woods. I really want to like it. I've liked the other Tales games I've played so far, (Destiny, Grace F, and Vesperia) but it just isn't clicking. Is there a point if I keep pushing that made most people just go "OMG this is great!" or if it doesn't have me yet, will it likely not?
If Americans throw rice at weddings, do Asians throw hamburgers?

User Info: RayThrust

RayThrust
1 year ago#2
That part is kind of sluggish imo, and it's rough with only Lloyd and Genis.
I would recommend to beat the first dungeon when you can use 4 members, if only for gameplay reasons. Shouldn't take that long.

It's one of my favourite Tales of stories, but it hasn't aged well.

User Info: SuigintouEV

SuigintouEV
1 year ago#3
I'd give it time to develop. It's a great game and has the best dungeons and some of the best boss fights in the series.
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II

User Info: Naryoril

Naryoril
11 months ago#4
I know it's late but for future reference if someone else searches for this:
Imo the story is extremely standard and predictable, so standard that you feel you have seen it thousands of times already, until you release the third seal. Then something is revealed (that has been hinted at before if you paid close attention or already knew from a previous playthrough) which marks the beginning of the real, unique story.

User Info: MysticMint

MysticMint
11 months ago#5
Trust me, this game gets way better when you get to a certain part of the story(I won’t spoil it for you).
Currently Playing: Persona 5, Pokemon Colesseum, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  3. I want to like it but I'm bored so far.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A