• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  3. Is ToS1 a port of the PS2 version rather than a true remaster?

User Info: Darktempest

Darktempest
1 year ago#1
I thought about getting this for ToS1, but I'm reading that it's just a port of the PS2 version with the GCN translation, with the shortcomings of both versions (30 FPS, longer load times, unvoiced skits), and that the graphics have simply been upscaled to HD resolutions rather than truly redone.

Should I just stick to the GCN version? If this is just a port of the PS2 version, then the tech glitch gives you way more (better) artes than the "new" mystic artes so the only advantage here would be the extra content in Niflheim...

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 year ago#2
It's a enhanced HD port of the PS2 version that has exclusive additional content, not a full fledged remaster. It's definitely worth playing this version over the Gamecube one. The extra difficulty(Enemy stats have been buffed), extra artes and mystic artes, extra costumes, extra side quests, extra dungeon, extra boss battles and dual voice audio option make it the best version of ToS to date.

Voiced skits are available for this version too, except they are only voiced when the voice audio is in Japanese like the original PS2 version. Skits in the original English version of ToS for Gamecube weren't dubbed. Sorry to get to you a bit late on this.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  3. Is ToS1 a port of the PS2 version rather than a true remaster?
  • Topic Archived