• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  3. So how do overlimit/ mystic artes work in this game

User Info: KiraWins

KiraWins
5 years ago#1
how do you do them ?

its been too long.

do you need certain abilities that work with that or?
http://www.negativeworld.org/images/content/440/ReynTime.jpeg
Bravely Default :) 3ds FC : 0791 - 1255 - 3512

User Info: Muffinz0rz

Muffinz0rz
5 years ago#2
Overlimit just sorta happens as you take damage. You can tell a character is close to overlimit when a given character's icon at the bottom of the screen starts "surging" or whatever you wanna call it. You'll know it when you see it.

As for mystic artes, each character has different requirements for their respective artes, like below 20% hp, other party members dead, etc..

Sheena is the only one who has artes that are activated as normal techs. Still only in OVL though.
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
BRAVELY DEFAULT: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 + FS: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.

User Info: Havic101

Havic101
5 years ago#3
The Mystic Artes depend on the character. There are a lot of conditions, but let's see if I remember correctly.

Lloyd's Falcon Crest - After passing the point in the story where he gets the Eternal Swordsman title, equip the Material Blades and press the Attack, Arte, and Guard buttons at the same time when low on HP.

Colette's Holy Judgement- Use Judgement and Holy Song 50+ times. She'll randomly cast Holy Judgement when casting either of the two spells.

Genis' Indignation Judgement - Use Indignation 50+ times. Cast Indignation while in Overlimit.

Kratos's Shining Bind - Press the Attack, Arte, and Guard buttons at the same time when low on HP. Lloyd can't have the Material Blades equipped. Or just put him out of battle. If Kratos joins the party permanently.

Raine's Sacred Light - Cast Ray or Holy Lance 100+ times. Cast either one while in Overlimit.

Raine's Fairy Circle - Do the same, but with Revitalize.

Sheena's Summons - Use one of her Summon Spells. You can only use them in Overlimit.

Presea's Infernal Ruin - Use Beast 100+ times. While in Overlimit, activate her Power Charge EX Skill and attack an enemy with Beast. Only after she regains her emotions.

Presea's Crimson Devestation - Use Beast 200+ times. Same conditions, but with everyone else dead and Presea low on HP.

Zelos's Shining Bind - Use Demon Spear 100+ times. While in Overlimit and low on HP, use Demon Spear. If Zelos joins the party permanently.

Zelos's Divine Judgement. Use Judgement 20+ times. Cast Judgement while in Overlimit. He learns Judgement after using Shining Bind at least once.

Regal's Fanged Finality.- Use Force 100+ times. While in Overlimit, chain 3 Artes together and finish with Force. After discovering he's the president of the Lezerano Company.

I think that's it. Open to any corrections though.
http://i.imgur.com/30KFr.jpg

User Info: Slair

Slair
5 years ago#4
Does only the controlled character get overlimit or can any party member?

User Info: Havic101

Havic101
5 years ago#5
Slair posted...

Anyone.
http://i.imgur.com/30KFr.jpg

User Info: therealpokenar

therealpokenar
5 years ago#6
Slair posted...

Anyone, Sheena loves to use her mystic arte while controlled by the AI
"The burden of proof is on the one proposing an idea, not on those who believe it to be false." by pikpikcarrotmon

User Info: Slair

Slair
5 years ago#7
Thanks. I was just curious. I play as Lloyd and I'm cooking rice meals but Sheena just won't go overlimit haha. Lloyd has gone OL twice now.

User Info: superboy1281

superboy1281
5 years ago#8
Colette did hers like five times when battling the final boss. I still cant pull it off on Lloyd lulz
PSN superboy0081
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  3. So how do overlimit/ mystic artes work in this game
  • Topic Archived