• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 14
  3. Does everybody accept the scripting in this game?

User Info: THINKb4uACT

THINKb4uACT
4 years ago#1
Í hate it when the cpu messes with your team online? Like making your team act like old ladies! It's time that we beat or lose from people by skills and not by scripting because they want to act it like a real soccer match! All i can say is f**k EA!!
If you keep playing the same game, dunno who to blame!

User Info: Time_Hero

Time_Hero
4 years ago#2
Nobody accepts it. That's just how the engine is. One team will have more stamina than another by the end of a match.

If you look in real life, stuff like that happens all of the time, but nobody questions it. Look at today's FA Cup Tie (Huddersfield vs. Grimsby Town). Did you see that last minute goal for Huddersfield to get the win? It was pretty sloppy, and reminded me of a moment that one would call scripting on EA. But obviously that's just not possible.

Every day this stuff happens in real life due to one team, possibly even just one player, having more drive than everybody else, or on the contrary, having no drive at all and basically giving up.

What I'm saying basically is to stop crying and play the game.
Ben D Straw
6/29/08

THINKb4uACT
4 years ago#3
Time_Hero posted...
Nobody accepts it. That's just how the engine is. One team will have more stamina than another by the end of a match.

If you look in real life, stuff like that happens all of the time, but nobody questions it. Look at today's FA Cup Tie (Huddersfield vs. Grimsby Town). Did you see that last minute goal for Huddersfield to get the win? It was pretty sloppy, and reminded me of a moment that one would call scripting on EA. But obviously that's just not possible.

Every day this stuff happens in real life due to one team, possibly even just one player, having more drive than everybody else, or on the contrary, having no drive at all and basically giving up.

Sorry i do not agree with you! If you play a race game, you dont want it that the cpu makes your car slower! I know those things happen in a football match but you cant compare a real football match with a football videogame! It the messing around with my team that i hate!

Time_Hero
4 years ago#4
THINKb4uACT posted...
Time_Hero posted...

Sorry i do not agree with you! If you play a race game, you dont want it that the cpu makes your car slower! I know those things happen in a football match but you cant compare a real football match with a football videogame! It the messing around with my team that i hate!

Are you serious? Have you ever played a racing game? Dude when you start a race on almost every racing game, you're given a handicap at the beginning to make it harder for you to kill everyone. That's a terrible example.

And I'm not comparing real football to a video game. I'm saying that s*** happens in real life too, it's not like it's something that EA is conspiring against you.

Seriously, it happens to everyone, you're not being targeted.
I've had a problem with it too, but does that stop me? No. I've won 7 games in a row on FUT because I don't whine and keep playing. There have been games where I've been scored on at the very end, but who gives a crap. It happens. Life goes on. EA isn't scripting something for them to win, my players just didn't show up to finish the job up.
Ben D Straw
6/29/08

User Info: dj_emz

dj_emz
4 years ago#5
Yeah, scripting takes place in the 45th mins and 85th+.

It's incredibly lame but I've learnt to accept it.
Fifa 14 & PS4.

THINKb4uACT
4 years ago#6
This game is not based on skills, but on scripted events!!!! Made by a stupid company called EA$$h*l*'s!!!!

Time_Hero
4 years ago#7
You are all so sad...
Ben D Straw
6/29/08

User Info: TheMightyRoast

TheMightyRoast
4 years ago#8
THINKb4uACT posted...
I know those things happen in a football match but you cant compare a real football match with a football videogame!

But a football videogame is based on real football so you should compare the two.
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 14
  3. Does everybody accept the scripting in this game?
  • Topic Archived