You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dying Light
  3. "Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition" question

User Info: Typhon

Typhon
5 months ago#1
Just got this the other day and got the update. A few years ago I had "Dying Light" with no ability to update the game.

I used to go to Infamy Bridge occasionally and spend the night using camouflage and takedown.

I'm almost positive that takedown worked on volatiles, but now it does not.

I am positive that camouflage worked on volatiles, but now it does not.

I grappled to the bridge, decapitated a zombie, and camouflaged. After walking for ~10 seconds I was swarmed by 3 volatiles. I hadn't attacked or bumped into any zombies.

I tested the camouflage skill 5 more times to confirm that it does not work on volatiles, they saw me as soon as I came within a few feet of them every single time.

Takedown skill description does say that it only works on biters, virals, and humans.

Would have been nice if they changed the skill description for camouflage too. I really have no use for it in it's current state.

I'm not going complain but I'm curious if there have been any other major changes to the way skills work?

Typhon
4 months ago#2
Update

I'm playing "The Following" expansion now and the camouflage skill does work on the volatiles I'm encountering here.

Not sure why it wasn't working for me on the bridge. Hopefully just a glitch, I'll find out when I get to NG+.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
3 months ago#3
Nice. I just got this game recently as well. Gonna playcit after I finish Metro 2033

User Info: snork85

snork85
3 months ago#4
Hey man it's not a glitch, there's just a different kind of volatile, enhanced or something like that, that can see through camo.

I just started playing this week, but I came across that particular piece of information while researching my most recent unlocked options in the survivor skill tree (just finally unlocked camo myself)
3DS Friend ID: 2896-0937-5435
(edited 3 months ago)

Typhon
3 months ago#5
EvilResident posted...
Nice. I just got this game recently as well. Gonna playcit after I finish Metro 2033

I hope you enjoy it, great game IMO.

snork85 posted...
Hey man it's not a glitch, there's just a different kind of volatile, enhanced or something like that, that can see through camo.

I just started playing this week, but I came across that particular piece of information while researching my most recent unlocked options in the survivor skill tree (just finally unlocked camo myself)

This does seem to be the case, thank you. I hadn't paid much attention to it before but it seems the ones with armor plating can smell or see you regardless of camouflage.

Thanks again, and have fun!

User Info: NBornN2BeTribal

NBornN2BeTribal
2 months ago#6
first off a takedown on a Volatile is a mod and anyone that claims they had done it is drinking to much kool aid i can camo on them as i bought the enhanced edition from gamestop on disc my camo works

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 month ago#7
@NBornN2BeTribal posted...
first off a takedown on a Volatile is a mod and anyone that claims they had done it is drinking to much kool aid i can camo on them as i bought the enhanced edition from gamestop on disc my camo works

Literally wut
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth
  1. Boards
  2. Dying Light
  3. "Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition" question