• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Rivals
  3. 60 FPS Fix! (Solve locked frame rate issue)

User Info: MackTheGun

MackTheGun
8 years ago#1
Double the frames, NOT double the speed.

Go have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xcbNSwbpPU&hd=1
www.youtube.com/GamingWithMack

User Info: Derelict313

Derelict313
8 years ago#2
Unless your rig can't hold a steady 60 FPS. If it dips below 60 the game goes into slow motion.
MSI Z170A Gaming M7 / Intel Core I7-6700K 4GHz / MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI 8GB / G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-3000 / Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5

User Info: animefreak_84

animefreak_84
7 years ago#3
though i want 120fps.. not 60 -.-

Derelict313
7 years ago#4
You can set the frame limit to whatever you want. Like I said above, your computer better be able to handle it.
MSI Z170A Gaming M7 / Intel Core I7-6700K 4GHz / MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI 8GB / G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-3000 / Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5

User Info: WalrusIam

WalrusIam
7 years ago#5
Hey, I opened the Properties tab, clicked on 'Shortcut', but it won't let me type anything into the 'Target' tab. How can I enter the fix?

Here's a picture of what I see when I open it.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mh7vpl&s=5#.UsTUxbQ2-8A

User Info: JamieK1981

JamieK1981
7 years ago#6
I never understand the need for a game to run at 60fps, I mean I have played a lot of games that lock at 30fps. force unleashed for example, the gameplay was smooth, it was likely going 60fps+, but only showing 30fps.

Overall, who cares how much fps you are getting, is the gameplay smooth? if yes, who cares how high or low your fps is, if its too slow, then unlocking the fps limit is pointless.....this is from my experience.

Derelict313
7 years ago#7
JamieK1981 posted...
I never understand the need for a game to run at 60fps, I mean I have played a lot of games that lock at 30fps. force unleashed for example, the gameplay was smooth, it was likely going 60fps+, but only showing 30fps.

Overall, who cares how much fps you are getting, is the gameplay smooth? if yes, who cares how high or low your fps is, if its too slow, then unlocking the fps limit is pointless.....this is from my experience.

You've obviously never experienced 60 FPS.

User Info: kid_a_lot

kid_a_lot
7 years ago#8
What do I need to get this to stay at 60fps constant, fps keeps dropping on my hardware. I tuned all graphical settings to off or low. There are a lot of areas where I get 60 but it drops in more built up areas.

Amd 8350 @ 4ghz 8 core
32gb ram
Gtx titan

What do I need to replace, is it the processor?
Trying is the first step to failure

User Info: grossnegligence

grossnegligence
7 years ago#9
Regarding the topic Solved...There was never anything wrong with the game in the first place.

Every since this game was released it's been running perfectly fine on my rig.

User Info: naughtynuggetz

naughtynuggetz
7 years ago#10
grossnegligence posted...
Regarding the topic Solved...There was never anything wrong with the game in the first place.

Every since this game was released it's been running perfectly fine on my rig.

Obviously since the games works perfectly for you the rest of the masses who have had complaints are all just surely making things up right? People like you are hilarious. Oh it didn't happen to me, so therefore it can't exist!
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Rivals
  3. 60 FPS Fix! (Solve locked frame rate issue)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A