• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dying Light
  3. PSA: Info about the corrupt save glitch & what causes it to happen.

User Info: Trigg3rH4ppy

Trigg3rH4ppy
6 years ago#1
Found this while browsing the PS4 DL board...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/716561-dying-light/71110030

for those who want a tl;dr: basically just don't quit or disconnect from co-op sessions while sleeping or right after sleeping. The reason i looked this all up is because it just happened to a friend of mine who got disconnected while we were sleeping until morning. If you have a lousy internet connection, avoid playing quick join lobbies or make sure the people you're playing with don't use the sleep function in game until the patch is out.

kingtiger2101 posted...
This was found on steam:

I've opened a ticket on the support email (support@techland.pl) : http://en.support.te...ort/tickets/839

This was the response:
I am sorry to hear that it happened to you. We do know about this issue and it should be fixed in the upcoming patch. It is actually caused by leaving the game right after or during sleeping. Same for disconnecting from coop when sleeping. So for it to never occur to you again before the patch make sure that the game saved properly after sleeping - by running somewhere for a bit or talking with an npc (quest or shop). And try to exit it through quiting not forcefully.

I've questioned if the patch would recover my savefile:
Most likely we won't be able to do that as the problem lies within corrupted save file.

What you can do more is to check this temporary fix, I cannot assure you tho it would work perfectly: go to "Play Campaign" from main menu of the game, choose your save file, go to "Advanced" and from there you should be able to choose "New Game from quest". Then pick the lastest progress you can.

Hopefully this helps with every ones questions!
~A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men ~
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12 https://imgur.com/zlaENmx

User Info: Trigg3rH4ppy

Trigg3rH4ppy
6 years ago#2
and here's some information from that topic that might be a potential 'fix' by using cloud backup data

zoomer741 posted...
Hey everyone. I kind of found a fix for the reset problem! So. if anyone uses the online storage(aka cloud service for ps4) your auto back up save should be there. I deleted the saved "corrupted" file on my ps4 and downloaded the last one that was up on the cloud. So i was lvl 10 across the board 28% done with the game. I am now lvl 5 across the board and im at 12%. There are lots of tutorials on youtube showing you how to retrieve online storage data. This only works for those that does the auto save to the cloud. Its not perfect but atleast i have my blue prints and can continue through game to get the ones i still need when i was around lvl 10 across the board.

Clarett1320 posted...
Just tried the cloud save recovery. It worked. I had to redo the pit mission. But atleast I don't have to totally start over.
~A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men ~
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12 https://imgur.com/zlaENmx

User Info: Eremyndil

Eremyndil
6 years ago#3
Trigg3rH4ppy posted...
and here's some information from that topic that might be a potential 'fix' by using cloud backup data

zoomer741 posted...
Hey everyone. I kind of found a fix for the reset problem! So. if anyone uses the online storage(aka cloud service for ps4) your auto back up save should be there. I deleted the saved "corrupted" file on my ps4 and downloaded the last one that was up on the cloud. So i was lvl 10 across the board 28% done with the game. I am now lvl 5 across the board and im at 12%. There are lots of tutorials on youtube showing you how to retrieve online storage data. This only works for those that does the auto save to the cloud. Its not perfect but atleast i have my blue prints and can continue through game to get the ones i still need when i was around lvl 10 across the board.

Clarett1320 posted...
Just tried the cloud save recovery. It worked. I had to redo the pit mission. But atleast I don't have to totally start over.

How would a save file recovery from the cloud work on the XO? I suppose that if the corrupted file was the most recent then it would overwrite the one in the cloud. Unless there is a fail safe that states that if the save is named "corrupt(ed)" that it wont; there is still the action of getting rid of the corrupted file. I dont know if that would be code or option done by the developer or Microsoft.
(S.W./BioWare) "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
(M./WBros) "working hard on...DLC and there currently are no plans for...another patch"

User Info: Bullseye_Baugh

Bullseye_Baugh
6 years ago#4
Was curious about this. Thx for the psa trigger
XOne/360 GT: BULLSEYE BAUGH
Expect no quarter for none shall be shown.

User Info: ShadowThief098

ShadowThief098
6 years ago#5
You're a good man TC, very good to know!

User Info: xXHeH8MeXx

xXHeH8MeXx
6 years ago#6
Thanks Trig! Appreciate it
RIP Karma, my little Guardian kitty 6/23/15
Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.

User Info: gamesarefun2

gamesarefun2
6 years ago#7
  1. Boards
  2. Dying Light
  3. PSA: Info about the corrupt save glitch & what causes it to happen.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A