• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 5: Guardians
  3. Halo 5 - weakest opening sales in the franchise (UK)

User Info: C63_XeroCore

C63_XeroCore
4 years ago#1
*Figures are from UK.
**weakest except Halo:MCC and HaloWars

Despite high reviews and great Multiplayer, seems like Halo5 Sales are definitely low.
Data provided by Chart-Track and Bruno MB (Neogaf User)
Previous Halo performance on first Week UK :

[Week 11, 2002] HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED (MICROSOFT) -
[Week 46, 2004] HALO 2 (MICROSOFT) - 260,000 / NEW (85%)
[Week 39, 2007] HALO 3 (MICROSOFT) - 370,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 09, 2009] HALO WARS (MICROSOFT) - 65,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 39, 2009] HALO 3: ODST (MICROSOFT) - 212,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 37, 2010] HALO: REACH (MICROSOFT) - 390,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 46, 2011] HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED ANNIVERSARY -
[Week 45, 2012] HALO 4 (MICROSOFT) - Slightly over 332,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 46, 2014] HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION (MICROSOFT) - Between 80,000 and 105,000 / NEW (95%)

This Week Data showed Halo5 in UK did 50% more business than Halo:MCC in its first week and performed slightly better than AC:Syndicate (ACS which released on 2Platforms(notPC) and is also underperforming compared to every other Mainline AC).
H5 opening week selling even less than Halo:ODST (which is shocking)
Note: (This Data never includes Digital Sales, these are all Retail data)

So this put Halo5 first week sales in UK at about : 160K
even after we add Digital Sales it is almost sure to have performed worse just by looking at more influential Retail Sales.

in US:
Halo 3 (first week Sales) : 3.3M (X360 userbase)
Halo 4 (first week Sales) : 3.2M (X360 userbase)
with only around ~9.5M (XB1 userbase) in US as compared to hugeX360, it is very well set to have the weakest opening in US and WW too.

Can't help but notice, but maybe Halo4's MP response and with the unfortunate Halo:MCC debacle has affected XBox's most powerful franchise in a very bad way.
Microsoft has always came out with an announcement whenever any HALO hits 2M mark(in first week as they usually do) - This is only a guess but if they didn;t came out with definite Sales or any news on tuesday or all week, we can be sure they have something to hide.

User Info: RawringAir

RawringAir
4 years ago#2
the uk has internet?
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox

User Info: MrIpo

MrIpo
4 years ago#3
I like this.
Gt: Enroj

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
4 years ago#4
You Sony fanboys are pathetic. Funny how you hide the fact that first person shooters, including COD and Sony's own Killzone, are declining in sales, and it was Bungie who messes up Halo Reach until 343 picked up the pieces.
Hello

User Info: Elemayowe

Elemayowe
4 years ago#5
RawringAir posted...
the uk has internet?

Yup, great infrastructure, and no data caps.

Install base, is all I'm saying.
XBL: DeathOnSkates 3DS: 0602 - 6733 - 6087
http://www.dorktower.com/2014/05/14/fandom-dont-be-ths-guy-dork-tower-14-05-14/

User Info: Brandy1977

Brandy1977
4 years ago#6
Well,considering how poorly the xbox one is selling maybe its not that bad.
http://i.imgur.com/ofERNOz.gif

Fenriswolf
4 years ago#7
And Bungie's own Destiny, despite that $500 million hype machine, also sold 150k on XB1 in the UK (185k on PS4).
Hello

User Info: C63_XeroCore

C63_XeroCore
4 years ago#8
Fenriswolf posted...
And Bungie's own Destiny, despite that $500 million hype machine, also sold 150k on XB1 in the UK (185k on PS4).

We know it's Bungie, we know it had huge marketing behind it, but still we can't compare a new IPs sales to freakin HALO. These numbers were amateurs number for Halo franchise in the past.

Fenriswolf
4 years ago#9
And what's the relative sales and adaption of the XB1 in the UK in comparison to the 360 at the same life stage? Or even the year over year sales of other FPS franchises like COD? Blaming the relatively low slow sales of Halo 5 solely on 343 yet ignoring other factors I mentioned is ridiculous.
Hello

User Info: _Sawyer

_Sawyer
4 years ago#10
C63_XeroCore posted...
Can't help but notice, but maybe Halo4's MP response and with the unfortunate Halo:MCC debacle has affected XBox's most powerful franchise in a very bad way.

Not surprising.

Overall, the Xbox One is doing better than the 360 did at this point in it's life and the fact that no global launch sales have been released probably indicates that the game didn't do as well as they expected. It obviously won't sell as much as Halo 4 (which had a much higher install base), but if it doesn't sell more than Halo 3 with more Xbones sold now than 360's then, there's a problem.
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 5: Guardians
  3. Halo 5 - weakest opening sales in the franchise (UK)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A