• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 5
  3. This is frustrating...any way to turn off drivatars?

User Info: tomcatobitrice

tomcatobitrice
6 years ago#11
coldisgood posted...
tomcatobitrice posted...
coldisgood posted...
When I have the setting low...they just won't get the **** out the way and will randomly break in the middle of a straight stretch.

On expert and pro, I get rammed I'm every corner and they will swerve out of the racing line in straight stretches to know me off the road.

It's awful...

SO THEN PLAY OFFLINE!! like the 2nd post said. AND STOP COMPLAINING!!

It doesn't get ride of drivatars... How bout just acknowledge this was a horrible idea to have as a forced option?

Then remove everything on the game and start a new game without online. It wont get a chance to get any DA
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.

User Info: VRViperII

VRViperII
6 years ago#12
As said up the difficulty. I'm on pro and it's a huge AI improvement offer forza 4. Love it. And occasional quirkiness which is a blast. Also, if f1 races were only two laps you'd see a lot more crashes
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rheagar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Valar Morghulis

User Info: coldisgood

coldisgood
6 years ago#13
tomcatobitrice posted...
coldisgood posted...
tomcatobitrice posted...
coldisgood posted...
When I have the setting low...they just won't get the **** out the way and will randomly break in the middle of a straight stretch.

On expert and pro, I get rammed I'm every corner and they will swerve out of the racing line in straight stretches to know me off the road.

It's awful...

SO THEN PLAY OFFLINE!! like the 2nd post said. AND STOP COMPLAINING!!

It doesn't get ride of drivatars... How bout just acknowledge this was a horrible idea to have as a forced option?

Then remove everything on the game and start a new game without online. It wont get a chance to get any DA

You're really good at using logic aren't you?
Of course I'm going to start my game over and never play multiplayer or have my Xbox connected to the Internet while also losing all my progress and cars.

You're probably the worst troll I've ever seen on gamefaqs. Guess they all gotta start somewhere
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth

User Info: Jpierro79

Jpierro79
6 years ago#14
The drivatars was a terrible idea. It's not even just turns that they ram you. I have multiple videos on a straight away that the just randomly ram you. Right before the brking point . There is no good setting to stop them gran turismo's AI was a 1000 times better. The drivatars ruin what would have been a good game. I literally find mind self utterly frustrated how this could have possibly been a good idea. And with damage on its even more frustrating because they come from drivers that ram and ruin your car. I though once you get up further they would get better but that crap just doesn't stop ever. Game is ruined. If they wanted a raeal world racing experience they should have made professional drivatars REAL PROS SHOULD HAVE BEE DRIVATARS. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS A REAL EXPERINCE WHEN THERE ARE NOOOO REAL RACE DRIVERS???

User Info: coldisgood

coldisgood
6 years ago#15
Jpierro79 posted...
The drivatars was a terrible idea. It's not even just turns that they ram you. I have multiple videos on a straight away that the just randomly ram you. Right before the brking point . There is no good setting to stop them gran turismo's AI was a 1000 times better. The drivatars ruin what would have been a good game. I literally find mind self utterly frustrated how this could have possibly been a good idea. And with damage on its even more frustrating because they come from drivers that ram and ruin your car. I though once you get up further they would get better but that crap just doesn't stop ever. Game is ruined. If they wanted a raeal world racing experience they should have made professional drivatars REAL PROS SHOULD HAVE BEE DRIVATARS. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS A REAL EXPERINCE WHEN THERE ARE NOOOO REAL RACE DRIVERS???

Thank you
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth

User Info: HadOne2Many

HadOne2Many
6 years ago#16
Yes the drivatars are terrible. I'm racing on Pro and Unbeatable. They are worse in higher class cars.

User Info: Jpierro79

Jpierro79
6 years ago#17
The only one who is any good is the stig and they made him bad as well. He should have been better i have beaten him on "unbeatable" go figure lol. It seems only the top three in each race are any decent for a drivatar.

User Info: thinkfootball

thinkfootball
6 years ago#18
I reactivated my Gamefaqs account just to post to this. Hasn't been my experience at all, TC. My biggest critique in single player, offline racing games is the robotic feeling of the AI drivers. From the tight packs in Gran Turismo that you were in either worst/first, or TOCA series, Forza, etc, that I've played over the past 15 years of racing games, I HATE predicable, robot AI. Drivatars have been a GODSEND for me personally. Yes, at times they're too aggressive, but in all my years of online racing they're about 1/10th as bad as the best online races in my experience. I love the randomness of the drivatars, personally, and have not had the same experience you have as they're raced aggressively, but quite civil for the most part. Only MINOR gripe I'd have is they brake too early, but otherwise it's been great and I've been thoroughly impressed with this new feature.

User Info: ascendedcobra

ascendedcobra
6 years ago#19
Hey coldisgood, I saw your gamertag on the thread to get followers and friends. I tried that and as a matter of fact you were one I added to mine. The problem I had was once I did that the drivatars were just like you said. It was a derby not a race. After a few races like that I had to delete everyone I added and block a couple followers. After that the game was fine again. Now its more like a real race and maybe one per race will crash into me, whereas befor it was all 15.

User Info: _OujiDoza_

_OujiDoza_
6 years ago#20
I kinda like them, but I play multiplayer a ton so I'm used to human players...
You can't stop me, you can only hope to mod me.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 5
  3. This is frustrating...any way to turn off drivatars?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A