• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Freedom Wars
  3. HELP Synthetic Damper MK4 Biped

User Info: bugarson

bugarson
2 years ago#1
I need one more to upgrade weapon to level 10 and finally platinum this game.

I am repeatedly playing Showdown 808 and hammering away at the bipeds legs : dragging it down and melee lower legs with heavy melee and then barbera on the shins when it gets back up. I have tried hitting upper legs. I have tried latching on and square melee attacks. Whatever I seem to do doesn't get results...

I have played this level over and over for about a week and the synthetic damper hasn't dropped. I have two, which popped when I did actually play on line (getting constant comrade trophy) and I guess that was the other players that got those.

I cannot play online now so that is not an option anymore. Can I trade/get the item any other way? Am I using the wrong technique in farming?

Help. Please. Anyone. This is actually driving me nuts.

User Info: Furisu212

Furisu212
2 years ago#2
I'm not sure that the showdown gives that drop. I recommend basic op 8-1. I just reran it and got 8 Synthetic Damper: Biped mk 4. Be aware that there are 7 bipeds in that mission but one isn't necessary to kill. Since your targets are legs, it might be worth your while to switch your accessory to a polearm if you have a decent one lying around.

And I think you already know but just in case: hit the shin until it visually breaks, then keep hitting it until the game confirms that you got an item. Good luck!
I really should learn people by their usernames rather than their signatures.
How long has it been since you last backed up your saves?

bugarson
2 years ago#3
Thankyou. But you say "not sure if that showdown drops the synth damper" but desperately searching online elsewhere before it says "find any biped mk 4 mission and farm that" so that's what I was doing...

I find it much easier than 8.1 - I keep dieing doing that one, too many abductors. Just want to know for definate if I'm wasting my time on showdown or just have to keep plugging away...

Furisu212
2 years ago#4
I checked and did get it to drop from showdowns 806, 807, and 808 so, yes, you can get it from a showdown. I got the drops pretty easily; do you keep attacking the shins even after they look broken?

bugarson
2 years ago#5
Thanks for this... and this might sound obvious but by 'shins' you mean the front lower leg? I was just indescrimanantly hitting the lower leg, front and back...

I'm also wondering if it's the amount of damage per hit that causes them to pop. My weapons allow me to pack between 1000 and 2000 per hit...

Or it could just be really bad luck on my part...

Furisu212
2 years ago#6
You're right; I meant the lower leg, front or back. Since you haven't been getting the dampers, you have been getting a lot of "ferrous fiber: biped mk 4" instead, right?

Your damage output is fine and you said you used a Barbara, I also used that on a showdown and got it.

Edit: Also, you can't get online at all? I wouldn't mind running a few missions with you sometime to try and help get that drop.

bugarson
2 years ago#7
Online is not an option for me :(

My vita is only WiFi and I have no access to wifi...

I am using a heavy melee circa 500 damage. I'll switch back to barbera and keep trying. Now I know it's the right mission/technique I'll just keep plugging away....

bugarson
2 years ago#8
Done it - finally.

Got a damper. Upgraded a weapon. Got the plat. Deleted the game. Close to a rage quit but a calculated rage quit.

I kind of liked the game but found the difficulty inconsistent. I was able to progress fine but then the last few levels/challenges (like getting this damper) meant I suddenly had to up my game as the difficulty had suddenly and frustratingly spiked. I dislike it when games do that.

But thankyou for your time. Chuffed I was finally able to beat it.

Furisu212
2 years ago#9
Shame it left a bad aftertaste, but you're welcome and congrats!
  1. Boards
  2. Freedom Wars
  3. HELP Synthetic Damper MK4 Biped
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A