• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Freedom Wars
  3. Adding Modules

User Info: dragoonheart

dragoonheart
3 years ago#1
So let's say I have all the slots on my weapons filled with stuff I don't really want and some that I do.

My question is, if I remove the ones I don't want one at a time, can I mod something into that empty slot without messing with the other modules? And would the module from the fodder weapon be guaranteed to transfer over?

Edit: One more question. What's the best way to go about getting good modules on my empty main weapon. I don't care to make it uber powerful, just useful. So if there's a guaranteed way to get like 3 useful modules that'd be nice. And yes, I already know about Selenium, I'm mostly referring to the process of getting the modules on the fodder weapon first.
Wahoo!

User Info: Furisu212

Furisu212
3 years ago#2
dragoonheart posted...
So let's say I have all the slots on my weapons filled with stuff I don't really want and some that I do.

My question is, if I remove the ones I don't want one at a time, can I mod something into that empty slot without messing with the other modules?

No. I think it's technically possible, but only by dumb, not at all worth you time, RNG luck.

And would the module from the fodder weapon be guaranteed to transfer over?

On an otherwise full weapon? No.
Assuming a rarity 8 weapon, you can influence up to 8 of the 12 mod slots. 7 of those will be either mods maintained from the main weapon or mods gained from the fodder, 1 will be induced by a resource, and the last 4 are beyond your influence. So if you had a fodder with two good skills, you'd want your main weapon to have no more than 5 skills to help ensure that the new ones stick.

Unfortunately some skills resist stacking on a single weapon (e.g. multiple clip size up and carryable ammo up or more than two sizes of a single skill) so despite your efforts it may not come out right. Save scumming and/or settling for less may be in your future.

Edit: One more question. What's the best way to go about getting good modules on my empty main weapon. I don't care to make it uber powerful, just useful. So if there's a guaranteed way to get like 3 useful modules that'd be nice. And yes, I already know about Selenium, I'm mostly referring to the process of getting the modules on the fodder weapon first.

First thing's first: back up your save somewhere. If you haven't adjusted your growth rank or elements and you intend to, do those before you work on your mods or else the mods will shuffle. Setting your elements also necessitates leveling the base weapon to 5, then upgrading to an advanced form.

For a rarity 8 weapon, gather some throw-away weapons with skills you like and pick one to be the fodder for your main weapon (around rarity 4 is good). Feed the throw-aways to the fodder until it has three blue skills you want (if it has gray/red skills a selenium will negate them or you could pay to remove them). Feed the fodder to your good weapon then remove anything you don't like that may have popped up until only 4 slots are full. Do it again and you should have only 6 desirable skills. Do it once more using a fodder with one skill and a material that adds a skill, cross your fingers, and hopefully you'll have a weapon with 7 inherited/maintained skills, 1 material-forced skill and 1-4 random skills that don't suck. If not, you may want to switch in that backed up save or leave well enough alone.

It doesn't have to be exactly that 3+3+1 with a resource pattern but that's the idea. You could do 2+2+2+1 or 1 seven separate times or whatever. When making your fodders, spread out the volatile skills to mitigate save scumming. For example if you want both clip up XL and L, don't scum them onto one fodder then scum again onto the main weapon when it's easier to put them on separate fodders.Also, the 8th mod added by a resource is kind of a bonus. You could leave that up to the rng too if you want less of a headache.

Read step 6 here for a more thorough, step by step explanation of mods:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FreedomWars/wiki/weapon_upgrading
I really should learn people by their usernames rather than their signatures.
How long has it been since you last backed up your saves?

User Info: dragoonheart

dragoonheart
3 years ago#3
That seems like a lot of work to make it really good. You're right, I will end up settling on just something that's not that bad. I really only want power ups anyways, so selenium and resources should get me what I want.

Thanks you. And thanks also for the very detailed answer I'll probably be checking this whenever I build a new weapon.
Wahoo!

User Info: Furisu212

Furisu212
3 years ago#4
You're welcome and that's a perfectly fine way to go. I should've mentioned that a fairly high level weapon (advanced 7ish) with 3 or 4 chosen mods and no detrimental mods is enough to see you through post game (especially if you do that for both of your weapons and the accessory's) and you likely won't have to save scum at all (but do create a back up save, just in case!). Going all the way with your mods will just make you OP.
I really should learn people by their usernames rather than their signatures.
How long has it been since you last backed up your saves?
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Freedom Wars
  3. Adding Modules
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A