• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Freedom Wars
  3. considering this game

User Info: varelle

varelle
3 years ago#1
Hello,

Have been hearing about this game from quiet some time now on multiple occasions.
I understand it is a fast paced shooter lots of customization and somewhat akin to monster hunter genre altough different. I do like any kind of monster hunter genre, and i am playing sword art online fatal bullet right now which apparently is different but very close. I also enjoyed a lot the 3rd birthday on psp which could be close to some gameplay videos i saw, despite with a more monster hunter clumsy gameplay.

How is the story ? The casting seem to be enjoyable, are the characters developped during story ?
I heard of a sinner mechanic when you aren't allowed to do anything, is it making things complicated and frustrating early game? (for example ligtning returns which prevented you from exploring at your own pace pissed me off and went to the recycle bin pretty fast, although both games have probaly nothing in common.)
Any friendship system between characters?
Are people still playing it nowadays ?
Despite the lot of praise, i went fast on test notes and the game seem to be stcuk on better than average. So i suppose some downsides to it are to be expected.

In short, what made you like this game ?

I have a few other games right now, but might try it soon.

User Info: gerbox8

gerbox8
3 years ago#2
Hello! I just got this game a month ago and already love it, with around 160 hours playtime.

For the story, don't expect too much. In my opinion, the atmosphere of the game is great. Sometimes you can feel tension/excitement building up during the story (which I find appropriate for hunting games). However, I felt that the last part of the story seemed rushed like others pointed out in the past. There is also no friendship system like P4G.

Regarding the sinner mechanic, it is not really that frustrating, and it only lasts for a short while. You can get over the restrictions in no time.

But to the most important point, GAMEPLAY. This is the biggest reason I liked this game. I've played SSD and tried Toukiden's demo, but Freedom Wars trumps all other hunting games in terms of gameplay. The action is fast-paced, you can go melee/ranged combat, and of course the gameplay's best selling point is the thorn. Flying around the battlefield with the thorn feels like you're Spiderman lol.

The controls could feel weird at first, but once you get the hang of it (which shouldn't really take a while), you'll be enjoying alot in this game. I've been doing some operations (missions) in this game repeatedly to farm some items/resources, but I don't feel bored because the gameplay is just that good. For other games, I would've been bored to death trying to do the same missions over and over again.

Sorry for the long post, lol. TL:DR : just go with the flow in the story and don't expect too much. Gameplay is the BEST aspect of this game.

User Info: gerbox8

gerbox8
3 years ago#3
EDIT: I suggest reading some guides as well regarding the game, so you can appreciate the combat to its fullest.

User Info: varelle

varelle
3 years ago#4
160 hours in 1 month, you sure liked it
Okay, i will finish fatal bullet and try it.
Thx

User Info: Jadeblade

Jadeblade
3 years ago#5
Also for last boss and code 7 exam some people had hard time with those so mabe go online and seek help.Also crafting can be a pain alot of times random boosts show up on gear.But all and all it's a fun game.And u will have better time make end game gear if u check out the guides for craft op weapons.

User Info: LivingDemiGamer

LivingDemiGamer
3 years ago#6
We actually do have a discord to help if anyone does need it, the community is still a bit active, but more so on weekends

On-High Discord: 84RWwc2

User Info: Vincent7th

Vincent7th
3 years ago#7
LivingDemiGamer posted...
We actually do have a discord to help if anyone does need it, the community is still a bit active, but more so on weekends

Yeah, I'm able to find a co-op match pretty easily almost any night. I'm seeing a lot of familiar names, but there is always someone around to play. I was with a full group for over an hour last night.

I'm not on Discord, but I have to say that's the coolest community name. Haha
PSN: Randy_M_Green - (mention who you are)

User Info: Jadeblade

Jadeblade
3 years ago#8
Are u online atm also what is your ign in freedom wars?

User Info: LivingDemiGamer

LivingDemiGamer
3 years ago#9
Vincent7th posted...
LivingDemiGamer posted...

Yeah, I'm able to find a co-op match pretty easily almost any night. I'm seeing a lot of familiar names, but there is always someone around to play. I was with a full group for over an hour last night.

I'm not on Discord, but I have to say that's the coolest community name. Haha

I would recommend getting the app on phone, (or if you don’t want to, you don’t have to download anything on pc for it) cuz it’s a very popular service to use
Psn: Liv_Demi_Gamer (IGN is Living)
Owner of the public Freedom Wars Discord On-High: https://discord.gg/84RWwc2
  1. Boards
  2. Freedom Wars
  3. considering this game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A