• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Freedom Wars
  3. That CODE 8 Exam! <spoilers possible>

User Info: mashu

mashu
4 years ago#1
I was determined to play through Story Mode completely before going online and I got that far with no real problems. One defeat on 7-2 and I had to stop for a while and do some interim weapon modding to tide me over until I got into CODE 8.

Past that, 7-3 was no problem. Fun! Easy even. 7-4 I thought was going to be a problem, but not so much. I really, really enjoyed that fight actually and would like to do it again.

7-5? Lol worthy. It was just wrong. The decimation was epic. Started off fine while I ran around for a minute taking in the opposition and coming up with a plan. That went well at first, breaking a box and then working on another. Somewhere in there all hell broke loose. Literally. ;)

On the one hand, once I regroup, maybe I can come up with something and try again. On the other hand, maybe I should just go online now, since who knows how long it would take me to defeat that, and I feel like I'm missing all the fun! I might be the only one not having gone online yet, despite certainly planning to spend most of my time there.

Throw in the towel and go online?
PSN: AeraLure | Freedom Wars: http://i.imgur.com/FW7ECMh.jpg | Freedom Coalition, New York

User Info: nekosaurus

nekosaurus
4 years ago#2
If you go online, you can literally finish 7-5 in ~2 minutes or less with the right players. :D

If you play offline, you can just camp the Entryway, as the chains can't enter it. ^^

mashu
4 years ago#3
nekosaurus posted...
If you go online, you can literally finish 7-5 in ~2 minutes or less with the right players. :D

Haha I feel so inept. ^^

If you play offline, you can just camp the Entryway, as the chains can't enter it. ^^

I will try this since as Abel said, defeat tasted quite good and it really was rather funny. And then I will probably go online. ;)
PSN: AeraLure | Freedom Wars: http://i.imgur.com/FW7ECMh.jpg | Freedom Coalition, New York

User Info: nekosaurus

nekosaurus
4 years ago#4
mashu posted...
nekosaurus posted...

Haha I feel so inept. ^^

I will try this since as Abel said, defeat tasted quite good and it really was rather funny. And then I will probably go online. ;)

You'll probably need to go online for CODE 8 anyways. Those missions are really difficult with ~800 strength weapons, but they're required to upgrade your weapons past that threshold. >w<... Well, at least with Assault/light melee equipped.

mashu
4 years ago#5
nekosaurus posted...
You'll probably need to go online for CODE 8 anyways. Those missions are really difficult with ~800 strength weapons, but they're required to upgrade your weapons past that threshold. >w<... Well, at least with Assault/light melee equipped.

Yeah I hit that ceiling. Hard. ;)

User Info: redd530

redd530
4 years ago#6
mashu posted...
nekosaurus posted...

Yeah I hit that ceiling. Hard. ;)

Me too.

- Need to kill CODE-8 monsters to upgrade my weapon.
- CODE-8 monsters are too strong against my flimsy weapon.

WTF? >_<
PSN: Valiant-Noir
Gundam Breaker / Dragon's Crown / Soul Sacrifice

User Info: Kirbye2006

Kirbye2006
4 years ago#7
Fun Fact: Webs shot by the Creamy Squeamy line of autocannons will instantly bring a Chain to the ground upon a direct hit.

That being said, it's better to do the 7-3 and 7-4 missions online (and 7-5 if you can) because you get the tickets that lets you skip those missions in Singleplayer mode.
People do not read and respond to other user's signatures
Users who respond to this signature: 16 x 9^000 (Started 8/29/09)

User Info: Daric2

Daric2
4 years ago#8
Don't go online! That's the unseen beauty of this game is that it can show its difficulty!
  1. Boards
  2. Freedom Wars
  3. That CODE 8 Exam! <spoilers possible>
  • Topic Archived