• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FF_Fiend

FF_Fiend
5 years ago#1
One trophy left - to last 50 floors on the Nightosphere.

Been trying for days. Guess how far I just got? I kid you not, 49 floors.

On the last possible room of the 49th floor, there were just too many enemies, and I couldn't stand up or get away without being knocked down or into a hole by something.

Naturally, I'm starting up a fresh playthrough right now, at 2:15 am. I will have this platinum.
Playing: lots of things.
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg

User Info: RubyKnight

RubyKnight
5 years ago#2
I think the furthest I've gotten was floor 19 before I died a cheap death from one the bosses. Kudos to you for even had gotten as floor 49. Which character and what tokens were you using? I find it ridiculous Finn is the only one (aside from one of the DLC characters) that can equip three tokens. At least two characters should've been able to equip up to four if not five tokens.
PSN ID - RubyKnight
This is 100%, all natural, Made in Taiwan BS. - Goten3's thoughts on the possibility of a Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance Demo Disc

User Info: FF_Fiend

FF_Fiend
5 years ago#3
I'm using Marceleine, with heart sweater tokens. Once you do the final Starchy quest for unlimited heart sweater tokens, you won't be able to UNequip them. Although frankly, the heart sweaters arent the best tokens to have equipped. If you're using Finn, I recommend using Wings, Zeldron's Armor, and Speedy Feet. Heart sweaters just protect you from curses and give double health on pickups.

I use Marceleine because she has the innate ability to fly of course, which helps out tremendously when you're forced to have the heart sweaters equipped. And in the Nightosphere, her block absorbing all the red shots of those fairy things (as well as some of the bosses) is a real game changer.

My words of advice for making it as far as I consistently do (I keep getting into the 40s and then dying from a swarm of undodgeable enemies), is to run from most fights, except when you can't. I recommend having an Axe handy at all times to one or two shot almost everything. If Zeldron's Armor isn't helping, switch to the one that gives you double health from pickups. But most of all, run like hell, especially from snakes which can really screw you.

Weeks later, I'm still trying this. To say its frustrating as all hell is quite the understatement.
Playing: lots of things.
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
I'm gonna go for it this weekend with the King of Mars. He'll have Speedy Feet, Zeldron's Armor, Flame Shield and...whatever the one that doubles your sub-weapon power is, or maybe Sack Lunch or Candy Seeds. Wtih Big Axe for sub-weapon. I'll see how that goes.
"Jon Jones and Bendo just slaying mother f***ers in the name of the lord" -- MICHALECOLE
  • Topic Archived