• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FF_Fiend

FF_Fiend
5 years ago#1
Not having the speedy feet token applied makes this game torturously dull. Why don't the characters move that quickly WITHOUT the token?
Playing: lots of things.
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
...Because that's the whole point of the token? It increases speed?

I will say, however, that I think the drop rate of those tokens is horribly low. I've got like 50 Fridjitsu Manuals and 3 SFs.-_-
"Jon Jones and Bendo just slaying mother f***ers in the name of the lord" -- MICHALECOLE

FF_Fiend
5 years ago#3
I get that. I'm just saying it seems like that's how fast a character should move to make up for the painfully slow attack animations and stun times. Sometimes if you get cornered, you just can't get out of it due to how slow everything is and how impossibly large your hitbox appears to be. Speedy feet could just supercharge your speed, like picking up an energy drink thingy when you already have speedy feet on.

In other news...I have the heart sweater tokens for "easy" mode now, and I'm not sure what effect they even have, apart from giving the double nourishment perk of the candy lollipops. Any idea?
FF_Fiend posted...
I get that. I'm just saying it seems like that's how fast a character should move to make up for the painfully slow attack animations and stun times. Sometimes if you get cornered, you just can't get out of it due to how slow everything is and how impossibly large your hitbox appears to be. Speedy feet could just supercharge your speed, like picking up an energy drink thingy when you already have speedy feet on.

In other news...I have the heart sweater tokens for "easy" mode now, and I'm not sure what effect they even have, apart from giving the double nourishment perk of the candy lollipops. Any idea?

Yeah, it gives you one extra Thump, food heals for two instead of one, and you can't be hit by curses. It's supposed to de-equip when you beat the next boss.

I got slapped with them when I died on L96, I was just spamming the button to get back into the dungeon and skipped PB's first dialogue for that. I was like "Damn it, she's offering me something, I should say yes." If you get it that late, however, there's a glitch that it won't de-equip after L100, and when it didn't I just deleted my save and started over.

On the bright side, I'm finding more Speedy Feet tokens this time. The only things I really dislike about the game are:

- slow movement speed
- lose your equipped subweapon if you die
- use up tokens and have to find more
- Flame Princess having ONE token slot. I call shenanigans.
"Jon Jones and Bendo just slaying mother f***ers in the name of the lord" -- MICHALECOLE

FF_Fiend
5 years ago#5
Gotcha. I didn't realize about the curse thing, that's pretty handy. Hey, since we're the only two active users on this board, I'll follow up with an unrelated question -

The only quest I have left is to kill Death for Starchy. I've tried using ranged attacks but it's impossible to run from the tractor beam AND dodge his bones which hit for 3 thumps. Any idea on how to take him down?

FF_Fiend
5 years ago#6
Scratch that, managed to defeat Death pretty easily with ice kings focus attack and heart sweaters on. Just get a wall between you and death and game over. ONE trophy left until I get this very rare platinum. Unfortunately my last trophy is 50 floors of nightosphere. Sigh.
  • Topic Archived