• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Arrowsedge89

Arrowsedge89
5 years ago#1
I like dungeon crawling where you collect loot and get better weapons. Is this any good? I don't really pay attention to adventure time that much.
PSN - Dark_justice1986
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

User Info: IAznDragonI Yan

IAznDragonI Yan
5 years ago#2
it's mediocre. nothing special. only get if you like adventure time and dungeon crawling beat em up.
The Light favors few but the Dark accepts all

User Info: BoringPolitico

BoringPolitico
5 years ago#3
It crashes a lot and has glitched trophies, so if re-doing progress or missing story trophies are things that annoy you, you may want to avoid it.
Winners of a battle will eventually decline in power and become losers, and then those ‘losers’ will cultivate a new leader - Treize Kushrenada

Arrowsedge89
5 years ago#4
Is there any better dungeon crawlers? I haven't found much on the ps3.
PSN - Dark_justice1986

User Info: dascylus

dascylus
5 years ago#5
Arrowsedge89 posted...
Is there any better dungeon crawlers? I haven't found much on the ps3.

Diablo 3 is still probably the best one.

User Info: BoringPolitico

BoringPolitico
5 years ago#6
I actually am enjoying it, don't get me wrong, but it isn't perfect. If you enjoyed Gauntlet, then I would heartily recommend this. There isn't an experience system per se, but you can use treasures you gather to increase your stats. There are eight playable characters and they are actually different (some can fly, some fire projectiles, some absorb certain types of projectiles, etc.). There's a boss encounter every ten floors and so far they're pretty good for this type of game.

My biggest complaint is that it crashes slightly more often than the average game this generation. I'm on floor 55 and it has crashed five times so far (about every three hours of gameplay). I also had a story trophy glitch on me, which is annoying but not the end of the world. I do know it bothers some people, so I mention it here.

All in all, I find it fun and would say if you liked Gauntlet you will like this. If you're expecting the complexity of Diablo III though, you won't find anything like that here. This is firmly arcade dungeon-crawling.
Winners of a battle will eventually decline in power and become losers, and then those ‘losers’ will cultivate a new leader - Treize Kushrenada

Arrowsedge89
5 years ago#7
Anything besides Diablo? I have a pc I can play on as well. I'm not stuck with just ps3 here.
PSN - Dark_justice1986

User Info: webbc99

webbc99
5 years ago#8
Arrowsedge89 posted...
Anything besides Diablo? I have a pc I can play on as well. I'm not stuck with just ps3 here.

Try path of exile on PC. Personally I prefer Diablo but it's still a good game.
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: ARGH ZUBATS | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy III

User Info: Thyrfing86

Thyrfing86
5 years ago#9
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is way better than I expected. I definitely recommend that game - it has a really unique feel and vibe to it as well.
Agent Orange - Living In Darkness!

User Info: crutingly2

crutingly2
5 years ago#10
Arrowsedge89 posted...

you could also try dungeons of dredmor, which is simply excellent, or any roguelike for that matter.
  • Topic Archived