• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!
  3. Anyone else having trouble picking up sub weapons?

User Info: jackynkurttims

jackynkurttims
5 years ago#1
Just got this game on launch day (AU) and in the tutorial playing as Marceline it says I have to pick up a sub weapon using X but she never picks them up, just flips on them.

Is this just a case of a glitch for Marceline or is this game really broken in this spot for all characters? Not impressed if it is.

Has anyone else had this problem?

User Info: Morpheus Lyric

Morpheus Lyric
5 years ago#2
I wish I could help you but I DON'T KNOW!!! But I have questions for you, as the game hasn't launched here yet... Who's playable? Is the game any good? Just tell me everything.

jackynkurttims
5 years ago#3
Finn, jake, marcelline and someone else big n yellow are playable at the start. I couldnt pick up the sub weapon so I was stuck in that part of the tutorial so I haven't played much at all before getting frustrated.

The graphics are really 16 bit-style stills in the cutscenes and I don't know why they decided to go with that art style. I suspect it is because it is just a lazy 3ds port. Disappointing regardless.

Voices are good and gameplay seems fun but it seems to have a few glitches like the one I encountered. Overall I'm thinking of returning it but will give it one more try after work.

jackynkurttims
5 years ago#4
Sorry for double post but FYI I returned it for a refund because it is a P.O.S.

User Info: CalmaKysur

CalmaKysur
5 years ago#5
Umm...... dude did you ever try pushing triangle? The weapon flips when you pressed x because you already had one equipped. Push triangle to use it and PB will continue with the tutorial. You didn't at least try pushing the face buttons?

jackynkurttims
5 years ago#6
I pressed all the buttons. It was a glitch. The game is c-grade.

User Info: DrRocktastical

DrRocktastical
5 years ago#7
I didn't have any porblem. Hit X and boom. Subweapon.

jackynkurttims
5 years ago#8
Maybe it was just a glitch that happens for Marcelline. I don't care I got a refund. The game was c-grade. The adventure time on DS is better.

User Info: dascylus

dascylus
5 years ago#9
jackynkurttims posted...
Maybe it was just a glitch that happens for Marcelline. I don't care I got a refund. The game was c-grade. The adventure time on DS is better.

Yeah, I know a lot of people who are returning the game for a refund for pretty much all of the systems... who knew WayForward could release two stinkers within a month of each other. They've got the lead in worst consecutive game releases this year so far. I wouldn't even call this game mediocre, it's plain bad. It's like they forced the same crew to work on this game and 8-bit Land at the same time, only to have their efforts culminate in two critically panned turds instead of one actually decent game.

I was so excited when I heard about this game earlier this year, but all of that excitement turned into disappointment when I actually got my hands on it. Probably done buying licensed WayForward games for the rest of my life after this, I'll probably stick to their original IPs like the Mighty and Shantae series. Here's to hoping Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is any good, if it turns out to be another stinker like the last two games they released this fall, I'll be done as a WayForward supporter for life.

jackynkurttims
5 years ago#10
Yeah I was really excited too (hence day one purchase) but that was quickly replaced with disappointment. There's always trolls and haters with new games but unfortunately the complaints about this one are legit.
  1. Boards
  2. Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!
  3. Anyone else having trouble picking up sub weapons?
  • Topic Archived