• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Do you get locked into a career branch when you choose it?

User Info: Elleena

Elleena
1 month ago#1
I was just browsing posts planning where to go next with my Sim and I saw some posts saying if (to use the current example) I pick the criminal branch of the secret agent career I'm then permanently locked into it and ca't reach max level, go into another job then max that then come back and max out the law enforcement branch but will instead be automaticaly shunted into the criminal branch. Is that still correct because if so I'll need to choose which things I want most (and hope I haven't locked myself out of others inadvertantly previously).

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
1 month ago#2
Careers like criminal, tech guru, culinary, etc typically have a career path (branch) that you can take (usually) about half way through the ranks. Which ever path you take is the patch you will be locked into. Active careers like the detective and acting careers don't any branches while the freelancer career you can bounce between any of the... four? types available.

If however you want to be able to unlock everything career related on a single sim, you can reset the career branch using MCCC. Under the cheats module there should be a career cheat option there and that's where you'll find the option to reset branch.

Elleena
1 month ago#3
Thanks will using MCCC to reset the branch also reset unlocks or just the branch you can take?

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
1 month ago#4
Just seems to be the branch. Never noticed the game lock out the unlocks. Did a save where I maxed every career on a single sim (well, two sims) because I wanted to get some screens of them in the various career outfits that get unlocked and they were all there in CAS.

Elleena
1 month ago#5
Thanks good to know.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Do you get locked into a career branch when you choose it?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A