• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Is there anyway to exactly copy a sims look?

User Info: Elleena

Elleena
1 month ago#1
I'm trying to start a new game (want to get the traits you can only aquire from growing up). However I want to keep the exact look of an existing sim (took a long time to get one I felt was just right). I did try import/toddler which I suppose works but glancing at sim stats and seeing 10 times wohooed on a child is just disturbing. The options there don't seem right genetics gets modified rather than an exact copy and none of the other options seem to work. So is there anyway to exactly copy a sims look on a fresh new sim? No relationships, no skills, no prior history on the new one?

User Info: iwasapoetonce

iwasapoetonce
1 month ago#2
I was going to say clone him/her on the cloning machine, but that's not what you're asking.

I've tried this before. I found a stunning young adult female in the gallery, and I wanted to use the look. So I downloaded her, then made her a vampire, then redid her entire body and facial portions of her to what was done on the original. It was done entirely manually.

I know you probably don't wanna do that, because it takes time and a lot of effort. But thtis is the only way I can think of doing it.
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?/v316/samuraifaith/mad.jpg

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
1 month ago#3
If I remember how the CAS module works, you can use MCCC by Deaderpool if you don't mind using some mods (or even using it long enough to design the sim then remove it after if you prefer to play vanilla). But there's a few options in the CAS part of MCCC that lets you copy aspects of a sim and paste it onto another sim (I remember using it once to copy the body of one of my sims to see how it looks on another because I was doing some updates to her design). So you could make a blank slate sim that way, just drop a randomly made sim into the household (recommend matching their aspiration and traits while you're in CAS, especially since changing traits can get a little weird sometimes causing a bit of a bleed affect where moodlets from a trait will show up on them even though they no longer have that trait. I generally get around this by using the cloning machine since it resets most things on them), copy the physical properties of sim A and apply it to sim B, then just age them down after.

Alternatively, if you don't intend to actually play through the life cycle, just want the rewards, cheat them on. There's plenty of locations to pull just about every reward trait in the game (child//toddler skills if I recall disappear from the skill list once they age up and get replaced by a reward trait if they qualify for it).

User Info: Elleena

Elleena
1 month ago#4
I actually realized last night (after working 21 day's out of the past 23 I'm not at my best) the genetics option does actually work I had to manually hit randomize twin as that duplicates the look but randomizes the clothing. Whereas the one above (brother/sister) which seems to be the default varies the look somewhat and I didn't realize that was what was happening. Only annoying factor is you can't make an occult Sim via this method.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Is there anyway to exactly copy a sims look?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A