• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. CAS Question..HELP!

User Info: baclibra24

baclibra24
1 month ago#1
Why in CAS when I click on Face,and you see the options like skin tone,freckles,cheek scars,mouth scars,etc,and I click on them and nothing happens? I even have a freckle mod I wanted to try,and there is nothing when I click on it.
Blissfully ignoring the rude and ignorant.

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
1 month ago#2
The patch that came to get the game ready for the latest expansion broken a number of CAS related goodies. I know first hand that several face related CAS custom content got nuked (more so of those that are listed as default replacements, but that doesn't rule out non-default ones as not being affected by this), so there's a chance that they got burned as well. Best bet to determine if they did would be to remove everything but those freckles from your mods folder, delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 documents folder (always a good idea to delete then anytime you make changes to your mods folder, just to ensure there's no old data fragments left) and see if they show up. If they don't, you'll want to contact the creator of the freckles and hope they can update it for current version of the game.

baclibra24
1 month ago#3
You there. Yes You. You get a social distance hug.It worked.So how do I keep this from changing when I put my other mods back in? Or other sections not working? Just keep deleting that file every time I add a new mod?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
1 month ago#4
Depends on what part actually worked XD So, if the freckles mod is now working with it being the only thing in your mods folder, chances are you have something else that is conflicting with it and you'll need to weed it out by doing a 50/50 (basically you'll need to slowly start adding things back in and testing, deleting the localthumbcache file between tests, until the mod stops working. Once it stops working, take a closer look at what put in during that run to find out which caused the conflict).

If however it started working again after you deleted the localthumbcache, no fiddling with your mods folder, then odds are something got stuck in there, to which yes, anytime you mess with your mods folder, whether it be adding something new, removing something old (or broken) or even when you just switch where things are located in there (though that last one doesn't really require a deletion, but kind of a good habit to keep), it's a good idea to delete the localthumbcache when you're done in there, that way when you next boot up the game you don't have to worry about any oddities with stuff you know is working and isn't conflicting with one another. Just mind any delays on some renderings//gameplay responsiveness after, that file also carries thumbnails for stuff like the family tree and sims in the relationship panel, so those will have to be re-cached by the game, which results in some hiccups (at least when you have an extensive family tree or know every sim in the game) when first brought up after the localthumbcache has been deleted.

baclibra24
1 month ago#5
Got it all working! Awesome.Added a ton of mods lol. (Mostly clothes and items) Can't wait to get into it. THANKS!!
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. CAS Question..HELP!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A