• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Never Weary sims obsessed with sleep/naps

User Info: Taikira_Naerani

Taikira_Naerani
2 months ago#1
My Never Weary sims were constantly napping (one took 3 naps in a row) or sleeping (hungry, baby crying and decided to go to sleep) despite not only the trait being purchased but also being full on energy. I have since used MCCC to disable the nap and sleep autonomy, however it disables it for all sims and I want the traitless sims to still be able to sleep on their own when they need it. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Game is fully updated and has all dlc.
Need help on any game feel free to poke me on Discord. If I have it I'll do what I can. Taikira#9763
FE Fates: 11992-22884 44228-52270

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
2 months ago#2
Would have to have a look at it (it's almost 2:30am here so can't tonight), but it wouldn't surprise me if the energy system is bugged where that reward trait is concerned. Are there any other mods in your game? or just MCCC? Always the off chance there's something else coming from a mod pushing for them to go to sleep.

Tysakasa
2 months ago#3
Okay so poked around with it. My sims didn't have any naps or even sleep for the five days that I let the game run for. If anything they didn't really make any real effort to feed themselves unless food was already made (apparently they'd rather starve than make their own food XD can probably place blame on that trait since they'd always make something prior to adding that trait to them). So why it's not working properly on your end is a little bit of a mystery. One thing that springs to mind was the energy they had when given the trait (well, traits since there's a prerequisite for the never weary trait). When I loaded up my save, my sim had just woken up for the day, so they had full energy. Might have slightly different results if they had low energy prior to being given it. Other things that come to mind are:

Lazy trait, I think this trait naturally causes sims to want to have naps, even with high energy since it's something a lazy person would enjoy.

Mods. This one can go two ways, either you have something that pushes for sims to sleep at certain hours, or I have something that inadvertently addresses this issue (my guess would be LittleMsSam's sleep mod so that sims sleep properly, or possibly PolarBearSims's personality mod which tweaks sim behaviors based on traits and I believe skill levels as well, been awhile since I read the documentation on it).

Things to do. My sims spent pretty much the whole time, when they were at home, on the computer, playing on the video game console or reading a book. Sometimes painting and occasionally addressing bathroom related needs. Food only when something was already prepared for what ever reason instead of making it like usual. Since both of our sims seem to be ignoring their hunger need, I suspect that the trait semi-breaks the push for food unless there's food ready on the lot somewhere. Tending to babies seems kind of par for the course as sims are kind of dumb when it comes to taking care of them by default. However keeping them occupied with computers, TVs and work out equipment would probably be enough to keep them from wanting to even nap (based on the fact that my sim pretty much spent 24hrs on the computer at one point).

As for reverting the autonomy to sleep so that NPC sims can sleep again, since you did it through the tuner module of MCCC, simply go to your MCCC folder (hoping that your mods folder is organized, otherwise it might take a bit longer to find the file), and look for mc_tuner.cfg (if you don't have file extensions turned on, then check the file type column and see if it says CFG File or PACKAGE File, you'll want the former) and open it with Notepad. In there you'll see a list of actions that are disabled by it and just look for any entries referring to sleep and delete them. You won't have to worry about ruining anything by editing the tuner config file either, it's really just a check list of what actions to allow. At most, you might accidentally re-enable an autonomous action, but not wreck your game or MCCC.

User Info: Taikira_Naerani

Taikira_Naerani
2 months ago#4
I basically want my sims with never weary to stop sleeping but still have my other sims able to autonomously sleep. I do have some of LittleMsSam's mods and a few others, but none affect sleeping. None of my sims have the Lazy trait, so it's definitely not that.
What is the prerequisite for Never Weary? I didn't have a prerequisite other than a ton of aspiration points.
Need help on any game feel free to poke me on Discord. If I have it I'll do what I can. Taikira#9763
FE Fates: 11992-22884 44228-52270

Tysakasa
2 months ago#5
Seldom Sleepy you're apparently suppose to have before the Never Weary trait. The former cuts the energy depletion in half (maybe more, never actually looked at the stats side of things) and is suppose to be required before the Never Weary reward trait.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Never Weary sims obsessed with sleep/naps
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A