• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. MC Command Problem Traits

User Info: jackoftrades222

jackoftrades222
5 months ago#1
Hello,
I just started playing sims 4 on pc and picked up the most essential mod for it. MC Command Center. Though when I went to add skills or add traits it gives me the list. I click on the skill or trait. And then it pops up with another add skill or trait but it is blank. And I click the close out button and it won’t. I hit esc it would do anything forcing me to task manager quit the game. So what am I doing wrong?

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
5 months ago#2
Are you trying to do this through shift clicking the sim? Things get a little weird there at times (in general because of how EA has changed the code in the game itself). For skills, best to click on sim, go into the MCCC option that's found there and into the cheats module, in there (don't remember off hand the pathway) is an option to set the skills for sims. All skills that are available (whether they're official skills or custom ones from mods) can be set to how you want them to be and even have a small note of what the max level is for that skill (if I remember right anyways, rarely use it, always found it faster to just use my cheat sheet I built for when prepping my premade version of the sims I upload).

As for the traits, what kind of traits are we talking about? The ones that you have access to in create a sim? Or the reward traits that you spend satisfaction points on? For the former, it's kind of better to just stick to the limit that's in the game (three traits, plus a bonus one from what ever aspiration you have), while the latter I personally just use cheats to add them or cheat the satisfaction points then buy them in the reward store.

Lastly, the only thing that I can think of is a mix of not on the proper version of MCCC (current public build for 64-bit users is 7.0.0 while Legacy users (32-bit) are to use 6.6.0) and possibly some other mod that you picked up (provided you have any other mods or custom content in) that's not playing nice causing a bit of conflict.

User Info: jackoftrades222

jackoftrades222
5 months ago#3
Thank you for the info. I feel like I used the computer to try and cheat maybe skills or something and it did the same thing. But I’ll try it again. Yeah my friend told me they just use the cheats, I was just being lazy. My main goal is to do what you do. Make Sims and add all the traits and skills onto them then upload them so I don’t have to play them to develop them. Since I’m going to be mainly playing on console. And yeah I was trying to add traits like ancient bloodline and island mana. While also the reward store which I guess just using satisfaction points will have to do. Honestly typing it in will be much easier than doing it on console where I would have it saved in a note on my copy and paste into the Xbox Smartglass app.

I don’t know the version numbers yet. Currently at work. But I will check if things are up to date. I only of ui cheat extension on and I feel like I had the problem before I added that but I could be wrong.

Again thanks for the answers. I was feeling discouraged since I went through so much to get to the point to add traits and such and it didn’t work with no real answer to why when I researched it.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. MC Command Problem Traits
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A