• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Help needed. Cannot move into University dorm

User Info: siuche2k

siuche2k
6 months ago#1
I just started a new household with one young adult. Can I start at the dorm instead of starting at a house or apartment? I notice that once I started the game wont let me move to the dorm with a pet at a house

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
6 months ago#2
To my understanding, dorms are set to only be livable if you are enrolled, so you'll have to find a temporary place to start up first, then go through the steps to enroll, then choose what dorm you want to move into. However you won't be able to bring the pet. Their system is a little weird (and kind of annoying) in that you have to move the family member out of the household if you are living on campus and this is done with only the enrolling sim, which makes enrolling multiple sims together a bit of a chore to do.

User Info: siuche2k

siuche2k
6 months ago#3
Tysakasa posted...
To my understanding, dorms are set to only be livable if you are enrolled, so you'll have to find a temporary place to start up first, then go through the steps to enroll, then choose what dorm you want to move into. However you won't be able to bring the pet. Their system is a little weird (and kind of annoying) in that you have to move the family member out of the household if you are living on campus and this is done with only the enrolling sim, which makes enrolling multiple sims together a bit of a chore to do.

Ah, I think this is exactly what happened. I started the household with a single person and a pet. Since the game won't allow me to move into the dorm with my dog, and the household cannot have just the dog by itself, I'm pretty much stuck with living at home when going to university.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Help needed. Cannot move into University dorm
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A