• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. Game breaking bug in chapter 6
MosquitoSmasher 7 years ago#1
So yeah....after a weird glitch/bug where i don't have the handgun in my inventory anymore for the rest of the game, i now encountered a bug/glitch that just stops me from progressing further in the chapter.

Chapter 6.

After you save the dude from the guys who want to chop his head off, he grabs that plank so you can cross over....as soon as i start to walk on that plank, the character stops walking. I can only rotate the camera around, cannot go into inventoy, i CAN pause the game and that's it. I restarted the checkpoint and.....nothing.
hero_of_time_43 7 years ago#2
Maybe start the whole chapter over, if you have to?
"You know what it feels like to get beaten almost to death? Peaceful..it was like I was floating away, and then I woke up again."
MosquitoSmasher 7 years ago#3
hero_of_time_43 posted...
Maybe start the whole chapter over, if you have to?

I am affraid i am going to have to do that. But if that doesn't help it......i don't know. I do know i am not gonna restart the story. This really sucks, cause i must review it for our site.
VanDam 7 years ago#4
Only 6 chapters in. Now that youve already beaten it, shouldnt take long to beat it again. I agree id hate restarting but if you have to review it you cant only play less than half.
MosquitoSmasher 7 years ago#5
VanDam posted...
Only 6 chapters in. Now that youve already beaten it, shouldnt take long to beat it again. I agree id hate restarting but if you have to review it you cant only play less than half.

Beaten it? I haven't beaten the game once yet...this is my first playthrough. :)

I am gonna fully restart this chapter now, see what happens.
MosquitoSmasher 7 years ago#6
Chapter restart and choosing the survival difficulty....didn't...help....a damn thing. Oh wow. Watch it happening here:

http://www.twitch.tv/mosquitosmasher/b/579121548
VanDam 7 years ago#7
MosquitoSmasher posted...
VanDam posted...

Beaten it? I haven't beaten the game once yet...this is my first playthrough. :)

Ah im sorry I didnt mean it that way... I meant because you had already beaten the first 6 chapters, not the game, it shouldnt be torture to do again. Admittedly I didnt word that the best.
MosquitoSmasher 7 years ago#8
VanDam posted...
MosquitoSmasher posted...
VanDam posted...

Ah im sorry I didnt mean it that way... I meant because you had already beaten the first 6 chapters, not the game, it shouldnt be torture to do again. Admittedly I didnt word that the best.

Trye man, it is not torture...but there is no guarantee at all that the bug won't appear again. IF i restart....and i get the handgun bug again, i am not gonna continue. I wouldn't be surprised if this handgun bug means that my whole playthrough is bugged now...at certain parts.
kotabus 7 years ago#9
hey, I'm seem to be having the same problem, no handgun and same problem with chapter 6. Did u ever restart, and if you did was the problem fix?
crucial 7 years ago#10
Wow they need to patch this one asap,you all might need to delete it,hard power off and all that crap to get rid of the bug,wow I feel you all,I got hit with a bug like this in Hitman:Absolution but it was at the very end of the game and never played it again.
Sony gonna have to sell there butt's soon the way they are losing money.
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. Game breaking bug in chapter 6
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A