• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. Are the lockers random?

User Info: kongming84

kongming84
1 year ago#1
If not, please send a link on what holds what. TIA
PSN: PAgamer84

User Info: CBASH13

CBASH13
10 months ago#2
Locker contents are randomized. I tested this, as I was in need of green gel. Opened a locker, got bullets, quit, loaded, and opened it again getting a different result. Repeated the process until I got the gel I needed.
It is what it is

User Info: kayako

kayako
10 months ago#3
The order is random, but there's a limit to how much gels you can get, so it's not truly random.
PSN: nakayuri7

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
6 months ago#4
I have found a trick that semi works though. If you find gel in a locker then if you open two lockers to the right or to the left then there is a very high chance that these lockers will have gel. It works in like 4 out of 5 times for me.

Also if a locker has a gel then the one right above or below it will probably not have one. Search the lockers diagonally left and right from the locker that has a gel if you want a higher chance of finding another one.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
4 months ago#5
Somewhat. The contents of the lockers will always be the same across any given playthrough, but the order in which you receive its contents are randomized. I.E there will always be three lockers with Handgun bullets, one with 10, 15, and 20, there will always be two lockers with two syringes each, etc, but you never know when you'll get them. It could be on locker 6, it could be on locker 32.

Basically the game draws from a fixed list of contents, so you will always receive the exact same number of each individual item and gel for every playthrough, assuming all 45 lockers are opened. The only thing randomized is the order in which you receive those contents.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. Are the lockers random?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A