• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. Tango Gameworks hiring for next project. Possibly The Evil Within 2

User Info: Ultimatgameplyr

Ultimatgameplyr
5 years ago#1
http://evilwithin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=666

Supposedly, they are going to be using the Unreal 4 engine for their next game. For those that don't know, The Evil Within used the id tech 5 engine, which was meant for first person shooters. So if Tango's next game is in fact The Evil Within 2, this is amazing news since the Unreal 4 engine can make more things technically possible. Their next game is also likely going to be current-gen only (PS4 and Xbox One, and of course PC) since there are a lot of mentions of the PS4 and Xbox One and no mentions of last-gen.

So for those that enjoyed The Evil Within, there is hope for a sequel. :)

User Info: evidpeed

evidpeed
5 years ago#2
Woohoo! I hope. Love this game.
Official Vanitas of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board.
PSN: PhantomOfVanitas 3DS FC: 4141-2374-8993

User Info: sadiq2010

sadiq2010
5 years ago#3
me too.

User Info: evil_ash_xero

evil_ash_xero
5 years ago#4
Great to hear they are working on something. I hope it's EW2.
NO REFUGE

User Info: slymshady

slymshady
5 years ago#5
Doubt it. Didbt Mikami say he hates sequels

User Info: DrLight66

DrLight66
5 years ago#6
Glad they aren't going to waste time/people working on versions for last-gen systems that can't help but look and run like crap. Hopefully whatever they do next it doesn't have the same technical problems that TEW had on PS4/XBone, I mean TEW is a lot better now than since release since Patch 1.01 (this patch especially) and 1.02 improved the framerate (though it's still really bad and ridiculous they can't stabilize the game at 30fps on current gen systems) and the recent Patch 1.06 has an option to play the game fullscreen, removing the stupid black bars and expanding the fov vertically. I can't wait to see what launch problems Fallout 4 has on consoles, knowing Bethesda there'll be tons of problems that'll take 20 patches to fix.

User Info: robtion

robtion
5 years ago#7
Awesome. TEW2 would be great, or a spiritual successor.

DrLight66
5 years ago#8
slymshady posted...
Doubt it. Didbt Mikami say he hates sequels

That must explain why he worked on almost a dozen Resident Evil sequels lol

User Info: arnna

arnna
5 years ago#9
DrLight66 posted...
Glad they aren't going to waste time/people working on versions for last-gen systems that can't help but look and run like crap. Hopefully whatever they do next it doesn't have the same technical problems that TEW had on PS4/XBone, I mean TEW is a lot better now than since release since Patch 1.01 (this patch especially) and 1.02 improved the framerate (though it's still really bad and ridiculous they can't stabilize the game at 30fps on current gen systems) and the recent Patch 1.06 has an option to play the game fullscreen, removing the stupid black bars and expanding the fov vertically. I can't wait to see what launch problems Fallout 4 has on consoles, knowing Bethesda there'll be tons of problems that'll take 20 patches to fix.

Have a nice whinge?

DrLight66
5 years ago#10
arnna posted...
DrLight66 posted...

Have a nice whinge?

Well, TEW doesn't look much better than Resident Evil 4, and that game ran flawlessly on the Gamecube lol.
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. Tango Gameworks hiring for next project. Possibly The Evil Within 2
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A