• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. Dang, TEW has already sold over 3 million retail copies across all platforms

User Info: DrLight66

DrLight66
4 years ago#1
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=evil+within

At the pace it's going it'll end up selling over 5 million copies by St. Patrick's Day. I thought it would end up doing around 3 million total when all is said and done but it's already sold that many with the numbers steadily at about 250,000 copies a week across all platforms . I guess The Last of Us is partly responsible for bringing interest back in this genre and giving TEW a nice sales boost, that and there still aren't any Resident Evil games on the PS4 and XBone and that gigantic fanbase is still around and will continue to be around for a long time.

It'd be nice if when this game gets a Game of the Year type of release for the console versions that Bethesda adds full screen support and a FOV toggle option to it, i mean they quickly did it for the PC version like within two weeks of release so maybe they'll be kind to the console crowd too.

User Info: darkslayer001

darkslayer001
4 years ago#2
DrLight66 posted...

I guess The Last of Us is partly responsible for bringing interest back in this genre and giving TEW a nice sales boost,

I would say it being mikami's work along with the downfall of RE franchise and the market lacking much TPS survival horror contributed more than TLoU.

User Info: TheNewWave

TheNewWave
4 years ago#3
Awesome! At least it increases the chance of a sequel, and hopefully reinvigorates interest in devs making more survival horror games.

User Info: arnna

arnna
4 years ago#4
TheNewWave posted...
Awesome! At least it increases the chance of a sequel, and hopefully reinvigorates interest in devs making more survival horror games.

Exactly.

User Info: Ada-Wong-Fan

Ada-Wong-Fan
4 years ago#5
DrLight66 posted...

At the pace it's going it'll end up selling over 5 million copies by St. Patrick's Day. I thought it would end up doing around 3 million total when all is said and done but it's already sold that many with the numbers steadily at about 250,000 copies a week across all platforms . I guess The Last of Us is partly responsible for bringing interest back in this genre and giving TEW a nice sales boost, that and there still aren't any Resident Evil games on the PS4 and XBone and that gigantic fanbase is still around and will continue to be around for a long time.

It'd be nice if when this game gets a Game of the Year type of release for the console versions that Bethesda adds full screen support and a FOV toggle option to it, i mean they quickly did it for the PC version like within two weeks of release so maybe they'll be kind to the console crowd too.

If these 3 Millions Sales are truth hopefully Announcement is made, Hopefully Evil Within 2 get Announced show capcom Resident Evil with remake Gamecube sales very well
My Prediction Release Dates of Final Fantasy XV (Japan Release Date: November 26 2015) / (International Release Date: December 4 2015)
(message deleted)

User Info: yadehtsiyadot

yadehtsiyadot
4 years ago#7
I am happy this game sold well and I personally love all of Mikami's games. With poor sales of Vanquish and God hand, I was curious how this would sell.

This just goes to show you the "power" of advertising. I mean ads for this game were everywhere on the net, psn, and I even caught the "paranormal activity-style" commercial for it and I don't even watch television. I saw it in a hotel lobby shortly before Halloween.

Even the daughter's friends know of this game, some of them actually own it, and they are in fifth grade.

Bethesda knew what they were doing in terms of marketing, and it's quite obvious they pumped a lot of cash out for advertising.

I'm happy cause it worked out great for both the developer and the publisher.
www.redbubble.com/people/todayistheday
Just starting... new stuff coming weekly.

User Info: DrLight66

DrLight66
4 years ago#8
yadehtsiyadot posted...
I am happy this game sold well and I personally love all of Mikami's games. With poor sales of Vanquish and God hand, I was curious how this would sell.

This just goes to show you the "power" of advertising. I mean ads for this game were everywhere on the net, psn, and I even caught the "paranormal activity-style" commercial for it and I don't even watch television. I saw it in a hotel lobby shortly before Halloween.

Even the daughter's friends know of this game, some of them actually own it, and they are in fifth grade.

Bethesda knew what they were doing in terms of marketing, and it's quite obvious they pumped a lot of cash out for advertising.

Heavy advertising doesn't always work though, Dead Space 3 had more advertising than either of the first two DS games and ended up doing terrible numbers considering the game's budget/advertising costs.

Ada-Wong-Fan
4 years ago#9
yadehtsiyadot posted...

Bad Parents at Best letting Minor Played M Rated Game this is why Games get Attack 24/7/365 by NRA US Governor World Governments
My Prediction Release Dates of Final Fantasy XV (Japan Release Date: November 26 2015) / (International Release Date: December 4 2015)

Ada-Wong-Fan
4 years ago#10
DrLight66 posted...
yadehtsiyadot posted...

Heavy advertising doesn't always work though, Dead Space 3 had more advertising than either of the first two DS games and ended up doing terrible numbers considering the game's budget/advertising costs.

Reason why Dead Space 3 Flop due to Action not Survivor Horror which was Dead Space 1
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. Dang, TEW has already sold over 3 million retail copies across all platforms
  • Topic Archived