• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. Story plot explanation (spoilers)

User Info: Nardjr16

Nardjr16
5 years ago#1
ok so i get that basically the main plot was that the main character was basically inside the mind of ruvic the whole time.

1. But who were the missing people on the newspapers throughout the game. What was the significance of that. the nurse, the priest, the construction worker ect

2. also the dead bodies in the mental hospital. If everything was inside his head, therefore ruvic wasn't real, then who killed all those people

3. do they ever explain what the Keeper really is. The long hair monster was pretty self explanatory
3dsfc: 4441-8867-6704
Second FC: 4141-3008-0133

User Info: Maxim Bryant

Maxim Bryant
5 years ago#2
3. The Keeper is just a manifestation of Ruvik's secrecy of keeping his work in the safe, and those who get near it are killed.
Your face looks like someone tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver.

Nardjr16
5 years ago#3
thank you, that makes perfect sense

Nardjr16
5 years ago#4
Bump

Maxim Bryant
5 years ago#5
I'm not sure about 1, but I'm really interested in knowing about 2 as well. We may find out in Juli's DLC.

User Info: Mystery_Mission

Mystery_Mission
5 years ago#6
You certainly raise a good point with number 2. From the start of the game Sebastian and the others must already be inside the STEM machine. When you enter the hospital and see Ruvik attacking the cops through the security cameras, you have to be inside the machine already because Ruvik only exists as a brain in the real world.

Although this also raises questions about the ending. When Seb wakes up and gets out of the machine, all the dead bodies are still there. But that couldn't have happened in the real world right? When Sebastian walks outside he gets one of those headaches he had been getting in the machine, and sees "Leslie" walking away. (It's pretty clear that Ruvik has inserted his conscientiousness into Leslie's body.)

I'm hoping more will be revealed in Kidman's DLC but so far we're left with more questions than answers.

Maxim Bryant
5 years ago#7
Mystery_Mission posted...
You certainly raise a good point with number 2. From the start of the game Sebastian and the others must already be inside the STEM machine. When you enter the hospital and see Ruvik attacking the cops through the security cameras, you have to be inside the machine already because Ruvik only exists as a brain in the real world.

Although this also raises questions about the ending. When Seb wakes up and gets out of the machine, all the dead bodies are still there. But that couldn't have happened in the real world right? When Sebastian walks outside he gets one of those headaches he had been getting in the machine, and sees "Leslie" walking away. (It's pretty clear that Ruvik has inserted his conscientiousness into Leslie's body.)

I'm hoping more will be revealed in Kidman's DLC but so far we're left with more questions than answers.

Interesting ideas there. :)

User Info: tehhead

tehhead
5 years ago#8
What ever pieces that i gather around the board

Ruvik was a child named ruben viktoriano, his father is a very wealthy man that owns alot of krimson city property
as a child, he has interest in surgery
This interest lead him to met Dr. Jimenez, jimenez encourage him to learn & love it, while he actually were just planning to take ruben research & publish it on his name

1 day, ruben was playing in the barn with her sister, laura victoriano
Let just say, ruben's father try to excommunicated a land he purchased, and the villager didn't like this, so they are trying to damage the property, and they burn the barn with ruben & laura in it
Ruben survived & was kept in underground of his mansion, consumed by revenge & hate to the villagers
Sometime later, he found out that ruben's father was trying to kill him by exposing him to angry villager, not sure what is the reason, probably about his religion
ruben then kills her father & mother (father revenge, mother misunderstood, his mother loved him)
And then he hid their body for sometime in the mansion, jimenez kept asking for charity for the hospital, he threats ruben about terminating his research material provision if he didn't get the money
Ruben then prepares a car, and drives it into the sea with his mother & father corpses in it, he then inherit the property of viktoriano's

Inheriting wealth & vengeful, ruvik starts by gathering the villager that kill laura, and torture them for his research material, he also exacted his revenge to religious zealot by asking for sacrificial lambs to be fed to a guardian dog for the church
He also experimenting a twin born child, to make them as part of his research to STEM system

Ruben's research make jimenez to kidnap alot of people in krimson city downtown, and sometime, he did kill the material to gather their "thought"

Nardjr16
5 years ago#9
Thank you! That really explains a lot

User Info: istuffedsunny

istuffedsunny
5 years ago#10
1. People who were kidnapped for the project
2. I'm assuming they were killed by Kidman's people
3. The safe contains Ruvik's research