• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. aspect ratio question

User Info: darkslayer001

darkslayer001
5 years ago#1
can someone elaborate the aspect ratio the game is running.
is it full screen? or like the ones shown in the gameplay videos?

User Info: kylemcauliffe15

kylemcauliffe15
5 years ago#2
It's going to look like how it does in the videos a-la Resident Evil 4 back in the day. You're actually seeing "more" than a regular 16:9 display but since it's being shown ON one it doesn't "fit" and therefore looks smaller. I personally love it and wish more games would play with aspect ratios.
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali

darkslayer001
5 years ago#3
I am a little confused by that....
how is not being in full screen good?

User Info: kylemcauliffe15

kylemcauliffe15
5 years ago#4
It doesn't fill the display because it's 2:40.1 worth of picture. That's more than 16:9. It doesn't fill the whole screen because it's TOO BIG. One day, when we have 2:40.1 televisions it'll be a "full screen" game. You aren't getting less, you're getting more. It just looks like less because one perceives it as less, this kind of thing has been happening for years with stuff on TV.

Now, whether or not this is personally a "good thing" to you is entirely subjective. Same with me, I personally LIKE when developers utilize aspect ratios like film makers. If you don't like that it's okay. Though possibly skipping the game (I'm not saying you'd do this but I have seen someone else say so) I think it's entirely silly over something so small.

It's artistry at work, and to even think anyone would dare try such a thing when everyone's jumped on the "fill our screens or we're getting less" train is good to me. But not the mere act of doing so but doing something interesting with it, just like RE4 back in the day.

(please don't take any of this as me being snarky I don't mean it that way)
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali

darkslayer001
5 years ago#5
^ appreciate clearing that up.
I don't mind it that much, i just hope it isn't too "small" when i play it.

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
5 years ago#6
So many seem to forget that back with RE4 which was in 16:10 there were also black bars. yet it was a marvelous decision as the Wii version on modern hd tv's were able to take advantage of it.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
  1. Boards
  2. The Evil Within
  3. aspect ratio question
  • Topic Archived