• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  3. "You've been playing for a while. Why don't you take a break?"

User Info: Foolish_Banana2

Foolish_Banana2
4 years ago#1
Seriously, Nintendo? I get that you're trying to promote health and safety and I know this is a system that was built to be a 3D system, but did it ever occur to you that giving us messages like this could actually hurt your company? You're a gaming company. If you want people to stop playing your games, then why even bother making games to begin with? This is a serious question, no trolling or Microsoft/Sony fanboyism involved or intended (besides, I'm more of a Nintendo fan than any other organization).

Not to mention, what about days where it's raining/snowing/storming nonstop? Can't really do much other than stay inside. Then you have people like me who have a lot of free time on their hands (I've been job searching like crazy, but no luck; I'm also a community college student taking some tough courses). I'd rather not have this message popping up after a random number of saves. When the going gets tough, I'd rather sit down for a while and play some video games, not deal with silly pop-up messages telling me to stop playing.

I know I'm starting to sound like that one guy who made a similar topic on the DKC Returns 3D board a long time ago (gfaqster was his name I believe), but he has a valid point. As an adult, I paid for this game and I'll play it for as many hours as I want. I shouldn't have to put up with contradictory messages like this. Nintendo, you're not a parent of mine. I'll play for hours on end if I want to.

End of rant. I love this game though. My favorite Zelda game of all time. I just wish that take a break message was absent.
Wii U NNID: Banana_Mew
In Soviet Russia, Soylent Green is reptile.

User Info: CharlieF

CharlieF
4 years ago#2
My game has never said that. How long to you have to play before that message appears?
Nintendo Network ID: CharlieF
Wii Friend Code: 7698-7075-5107-2132

Foolish_Banana2
4 years ago#3
CharlieF posted...
My game has never said that. How long to you have to play before that message appears?

About 30-45 minutes the earliest. You have to save from the weather vanes to get that message to appear, but only after about 30-45 minutes. It doesn't take long. You'll notice the weather vane making weird movements indicating that the message will most likely appear, although it doesn't always display the message after saving when I see the weather vane getting anxious. Strange, I know.

User Info: ARTEMlS

ARTEMlS
4 years ago#4
I'd guess it appears after playing an hour.

Besides, isn't it suggested in almost every Nintendo manual to take a break for at least 15 minutes every hour?

Edit: WTF?! That early?! Really...?
You won't find adobe here in Nairobi.

User Info: xFieryFiendx

xFieryFiendx
4 years ago#5
ARTEMlS posted...
I'd guess it appears after playing an hour.

Besides, isn't it suggested in almost every Nintendo manual to take a break for at least 15 minutes every hour?

Edit: WTF?! That early?! Really...?

Yeah from my experience, 30 minutes sounds about right. Nintendo REALLY wants people to go outside, but TC has a great point. No need to hinder the experience like that.

User Info: RappTappnique1

RappTappnique1
4 years ago#6
You got all butt hurt over a stupid message that is easily ignored? It's quite simple actually. Press the A button after it pops up and its done with. Has it ever occurred to you that 10 year old kids will play that game all night with no sleep?! People will literally play that game all day until their eyes burn. There's plenty to do when you're locked up in the house. You got TV, computer, family, and you can also workout. Nintendo didn't say to stop playing the game, they said to take a break. It's not the end of the world, man. Grow up dude, you obviously haven't if you're ranting over the easiest thing to overcome.
Pen Tap

User Info: RappTappnique1

RappTappnique1
4 years ago#7
"When the going gets tough, I'd rather sit down for a while and play some video games, not deal with silly pop-up messages telling me to stop playing."

What, man? You'd rather sit down and play video games rather than get your work done? Life ain't no game dude. Ever hear of "Work now, play later!"? Maybe that is the message that Nintendo wants to portray. I don't know about you, dude, but I do my work and then binge on games until the day is gone.
Pen Tap

User Info: Jinzo 111887

Jinzo 111887
4 years ago#8
Not the first game to have this kind of thing. Earthbound had it back on SNES.
Inakunarinasai (Cease to exist) - incredibly epic song from the 16-bit era of video games.
# of people who thought I was Jinjo: 1

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
4 years ago#9
Get over it. It isnt a big deal and the message can be skipped fairly quick.
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013

Foolish_Banana2
4 years ago#10
I think everyone here is overreacting to my opinion. I only think this is a minor complaint and it really isn't THAT big of a deal. Could be much worse. By that, I mean the game could automatically turn off by itself every time that message appears. Thankfully it doesn't do that, so it's not too big of an issue.

Stop getting so anal about my opinion please. Thank you and have a nice day. ^_^
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  3. "You've been playing for a while. Why don't you take a break?"
  • Topic Archived