World Cup FUT finished???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 14
  3. World Cup FUT finished???

User Info: Jobi987

Jobi987
3 years ago#1
I started playing the World Cup mode of FUT a week or so ago after only playing one match during the actual world cup. I won the tournament three times (offline mode - my squad is still poor) and was playing it for a fourth time last night. Reached the semis and won to go through to the final and yet I was given no coins. Today I can't even start a match.

So is the World Cup mode in FUT over now or is this just a bug? Kind of annoying if I have been using FUT coins to buy packs and the squad turns out to be useless after 26 games. I had just got Falcao and James Rodriguez (both rated at 89) so I'll be furious if they pull the plug now.

I understand if EA are concentrating on FIFA15, especially as the World Cup ended ages ago now, but I tried hard to build a decent squad and make some coins from the game mode and now I can't even use it. Anybody else having this problem?

User Info: Ultimateegamer

Ultimateegamer
3 years ago#2
I had the same problem yesterday except it was even worse for me I couldn't even get into a game in normal fut. EA servers will now focus on fifa 15 hoping that the crappy servers will force people into abandoning this game to buy fifa 15. Fifa 14 is finished, I might as well play career mode instead of waiting endlessly for the same stupid message "Connection to your opponent has been lost". Or I'll get PES next time...

Jobi987
3 years ago#3
I thought they kept FUT going for a year or so after the new game comes out? Fifa 12 Ultimate Team was only stopped in January this year! I know a few guys who still play the UT in Fifa13. I really hope they haven't begun to pull the plug early.

I guess I'll give it a few days and hope for the best, maybe try to go on when I think it'll be quiet. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if there is a maximum amount of times you can play the world cup FUT mode? It gives the same reward each time (6000 coins offline, 30,000 online) but I know some competitions have given gradually lesser and lesser rewards.

Jobi987
3 years ago#4
Did a bit of searching on the EA answers site (since it's meant to allow you to get proper answers from actual EA employees and fellow gamers) and this problem has been reported several times. The "official" fix is to forfeit the tournament and start again, even though other people have complained that even when they do this they get the exact same problem at the same point on the new tournament.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-14/Fifa-14-World-Cup-Ultimate-Team-error-message/m-p/3293609#M150576

http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-14/FIFA-14-Ultimate-Team-World-Cup-Error-PS3/m-p/2924828#M126458

So I am planning on trying this myself over the next few days to see if it actually works. I also want to try it on my second login to see if that one works. Just sucks that I reached the final and get nothing in return.

Jobi987
3 years ago#5
Tried it a few times. These were the results:

DO forfeit tournament + DON'T delete and reinstall update 1.05 = won't work
DON'T forfeit tournament + DO delete and reinstall update 1.05 = won't work
DO forfeit tournament + DO delete and reinstall update 1.05 = WILL work (so far)

So if anybody else has this problem, sorry but the only solution so far seems to be to quit the tournament (doesn't matter if you are in the final or whatever), delete the patch and start over. Deleting the game data (NOT your save games, just the file under "Game Date Utility") and reinstalling the 1.05 patch will make the game behave normally, although I noticed that the 13 tasks in FUT were reset (although you get NO Gold Pack for completing the tasks again!).

Hope this helped anybody else suffering the same issue.

User Info: LiquidFuze180

LiquidFuze180
3 years ago#6
EA Sports. It's in their games.
http://i.imgur.com/qhxKk5x.jpg The New Boys
http://i.imgur.com/vLJUID0.jpg Are In Town
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 14
  3. World Cup FUT finished???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived