• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 14
  3. Teach me please.

User Info: Deck2199

Deck2199
4 years ago#1
This game is so fun. I play all types of video games, sports and non sports, and to me this is the best. BUT I'm not very good :( It seems like when I play someone good I have real problems moving the ball and creating space. My strategy is to try and dribble by my opponent and pass to someone who is open and once in a while hit the triangle button for a through pass and hope to get lucky and get a breakaway.Or I try to score on long distance shots.

When I'm playing someone good it always seems like I'm a step behind them and they are able to move the ball all over the field at will and get many nice set ups for goals.

I think my whole playing philosophy is wrong. I need to unlearn my bad habits and learn how to play this game the right way.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? They would be much appreciated. Thanks!

User Info: SpaceBear_

SpaceBear_
4 years ago#2
Too many people try to play FIFA like it's an arcade game. You need to slow it down. Pass, pass and pass. Even passes that seem pointless. It's not all about driving forward to try to score goals over the whole 90 minutes. Focus on build-up play. Ever time you pass the ball, players will be moving around opening up opportunites for another pace. Make backwards and sideways passes to give your team time to go forward.
- God bless, downtime. GameFAQs' Favourite Son. -
Official Barman Of Champion Pub
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 14
  3. Teach me please.
  • Topic Archived