• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 14
  3. Why does this game feel less responsive than before?

User Info: LazerLXXVII2

LazerLXXVII2
7 years ago#1
It just feels like moving with the ball or receiving the ball via first touch feels so unresponsive sometimes. I just lose the ball over really silly passes, and the even worse receptions. Then I can't stand it when I try to change direction with the ball and you do this extremely slow change of momentum before you start moving the other direction. I understand the realism behind not being about to change direction on a dime, but at the same time its ridiculous how slow they transition.

That and the players just give up the ball entirely too easily. All it takes is an AI to be within the vicinity of you and the ball, and your player has almost no control over the ball, and they steal it with ease.

I was great at FIFA 13, I got to division 1 and I was really competitive about it. I remember when the demo for FIFA 13 came out I had some complaints and questions as well but I got over it, so I'm sure I'll get over this as well, but I want to know if its just me?

User Info: cheese_game619

cheese_game619
7 years ago#2
so basically your question is; im not good at this game straight away so does that make it bad?

and the answer is your skill, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with how good the game is
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg

LazerLXXVII2
7 years ago#3
cheese_game619 posted...
so basically your question is; im not good at this game straight away so does that make it bad?

and the answer is your skill, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with how good the game is

No it honestly feels less responsive, like I have less control over what happens.

Maybe I'll get used to it, maybe they'll adjust it by the time the full game comes out, I don't know. I'm asking if anyone else noticed that its less responsive? No need to be a dick.

User Info: kmelaurinegro

kmelaurinegro
7 years ago#4
I think you're confussing bad first control by a player with responsiveness, it is not funny for me either as i only beat the ai once on world class while i won almost every time on legendary at fifa13 XD, but it adds to the simulation part of the game, not sure if you play football yourself but i can assure not all players can stop a pass like they're Iniesta, specially with a defender pushing for it as well

LazerLXXVII2
7 years ago#5
kmelaurinegro posted...
I think you're confussing bad first control by a player with responsiveness, it is not funny for me either as i only beat the ai once on world class while i won almost every time on legendary at fifa13 XD, but it adds to the simulation part of the game, not sure if you play football yourself but i can assure not all players can stop a pass like they're Iniesta, specially with a defender pushing for it as well

Well the first touch is one problem, I understand that realistically players will not get perfect receptions all the time, but for the sake of a videogame, its a little silly that most passes are either too light or too hard. The "sweet spot" for a good pass seems tiny.

As far as responsiveness, I mean when you're running with the ball it seems like the player's reflexes are in slow motion compared to FIFA 13. When you're dribbling the ball forward (not sprinting), and you want to stop or slightly change the direction, it feels like the player adjust to your change of direction way too slow. And the AI immediately jumps on the ball and there is nothing you can do because they steal the ball without any problems.

I'm sure these two things will just take getting used to. That and I remember the demo to FIFA 13 being really problematic too, but when the full game came out it felt much smoother.

One thing that worries me is the AI. FIFA never really had the best AI, but this demo really highlights how stupid other players really are. I hope that is fixed too because that is the only game breaking thing for me. They're much better at attacking than they were in FIFA 13, but as far as defense, they're awful.

User Info: kmelaurinegro

kmelaurinegro
7 years ago#6
I feel you, i think the issue with defending is that the Change of player(controlled) is faster so most of the time i end up getting my guy out of position otherwise how could we justify our easy lost balls to the defense XD, I agree that attacking AI got improved, also about losing the ball easily while dribbling I believe they"re forcing us to use the "protect" button, which is cool and necessary for some situations, but it's unreal to do it all the time

User Info: cheese_game619

cheese_game619
7 years ago#7
theres no need to call me a dick

theres plenty of need to be a dick
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg

User Info: jamieeng

jamieeng
7 years ago#8
You have to get used to it. You can try using different techniques of dribbling - for example, holding L1 + L2, using L2 on it's own, and just using passing more over dribbling. Don't try and dribble through tight spaces unless you have someone with good dribbling and acceleration because it won't work.
COD zombies: NDU rd21 2player WAW | Verruckt rd21 2p BO | SNN rd25 SOLO BO | Der Riese rd33 2p WAW | KDT rd41 SOLO | FIVE rd23 SOLO
MUFC and NFFC fan

User Info: Godzilla63

Godzilla63
7 years ago#9
Half the time I use the "protect" button (LT) I lose possession because my player kicks the ball opposite of the direction the defender is coming with too much force and the ball rolls away as my player backs into the defender.

User Info: PainoGamer

PainoGamer
7 years ago#10
The ball isn't magnetized to your feet as it was the previous games anymore, defending is actually more difficult this time around.

Simply put, get better.
Best game ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhnGQXWi1U&feature
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 14
  3. Why does this game feel less responsive than before?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A