• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. I'm really tired of Zephrys

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
1 month ago#1
This card is so stupid. It’s never feels good when your opponent can get an answer they shouldn’t even have to find lethal or otherwise turn the tables on powerful board states. There is no penalty to using it. Highlander isn’t gimping your deck anymore. And some decks that just have a s*** ton of draw run it even with duplicates. It’s very frustrating to be unable to play around things the way you used to in older hearthstone. Where you had to keep track of your opponents resources and know the meta, and such skill and knowledge was rewarded if you played well. That’s what I miss most.

What happened to class identity? Remember that? That idea that compelled blizzard to rotate cards to wild for no reason. I guess that only applies to classic and basic, since it gets thrown out the window each expac.
Yep, Zephrys is OP. About time it went to the HoF.

Disclaimer: My opinion on this card has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that I pulled a golden copy.

Disclaimer #2: The above disclaimer is complete BS. Gimme 3200 dust, and let me keep the card. Playing it in wild only would be fine with me.
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.

User Info: EuroE

EuroE
1 month ago#3
Yeah, I feel like a piece of s*** using it but sometimes I feel like I have no choice.

The general power level of this game has increased so much recently that sometimes the only answer you have is to rub that lamp.

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
1 month ago#4
It USED to be fine. You build a no dupes deck and get this nice uber flex card that serves as burst, removal, or value.

But then they added DQ Alex, so now you not only get that flex card, but also (most likely) a huge board on turn 9 as well. Then there’s turn 7 Krush. I think you all know how I feel about that card. Just look up its played winrate on HS replay.

These cards are so strong, that people are putting them in their decks even when they aren’t playing highlander.

But the Galakrond stuff was so overtuned, they needed to give the good guys something and thus you have the insane power creep spike we’ve gotten in DoD.

Look at Twin Tyrant, for example. One of the best minions in arena. In constructed? Not played at all because it’s ‘too fair’.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
1 month ago#5
Jedibaracuda posted...
It USED to be fine. You build a no dupes deck and get this nice uber flex card that serves as burst, removal, or value.

But then they added DQ Alex, so now you not only get that flex card, but also (most likely) a huge board on turn 9 as well. Then there’s turn 7 Krush. I think you all know how I feel about that card. Just look up its played winrate on HS replay.

These cards are so strong, that people are putting them in their decks even when they aren’t playing highlander.

But the Galakrond stuff was so overtuned, they needed to give the good guys something and thus you have the insane power creep spike we’ve gotten in DoD.

Look at Twin Tyrant, for example. One of the best minions in arena. In constructed? Not played at all because it’s ‘too fair’.

yeah most of these new Highlander cards are waaay too strong. DQ Alex, Zephrys, new Reno, Brann are all insane. The all compare pretty much to OG Reno in terms of bulls*** swing turns you can pull off
I guess that's the problem with highlander cards... especially neutral ones. If you can play 1 of them, you can play all of them. So you do...

If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. I'm really tired of Zephrys
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A