• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Hearthstone Is Now The Most Expensive It's Ever Been

User Info: solosnake

solosnake
2 months ago#1
https://www.thegamer.com/hearthstone-price-history-galakronds-awakening-adventure/

"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://i.imgur.com/MYYEIx5.gif http://i.imgur.com/WGE12ef.jpg

User Info: xtacb

xtacb
2 months ago#2
its ok because Activision is great and knows whats best for the players
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
2 months ago#3
When did Activision gut and devour the innards of Blizzard? 2015? WOD launched very late in 2014 and I know Activision was gutting the WoW staff and dropping WOD for legion during 2015.

So given that game content is typically in development for a while beforehand, the first sets Activision likely had an influence on were possibly Karazhan but more likely Gadgetzan, the set whose stupid power creep destroyed the game? Journey to Un'Goro was when they increased the Legendary count which has been a permanent fixture of making the game more expensive since.
Maybe Gadgetzan was still on Blizzard for fault, and Activision's solution was (instead of simply nerfing Jades into the ground, and nerfing Raza and Patches) MORE LEGENDARIES AND POWER CREEP and the absolute worst 2 sets in the history of the game.
Either way, the "solution" of making the game more expensive and power creeping for force buys of the more expensive newer sets... definitely feels like what you would expect.

Who knows how they got Activision on board with a year of low power level sets... but I feel like cutting Adventures and stupid power level sets to force sales can probably be attributed to their influence. I never really considered the timing before.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: NinjaX2099

NinjaX2099
2 months ago#4
Most reasonable people saw these f***ed up pricing tactics encroaching on the game from a mile away but even then it was subtle. Now Activision/Blizzard don't care anymore they feel they are big enough to do what they want.

Consumers: I miss Adventures they were a great value...
Activision: Oh yeah... we got ya...!!

If this is the new norm of I out, this is indefensible unless you stand to profit from it and a slap in the face to their longtime supporters.
and I had to offer her a stick of gum
She was as thick as they come, and taught a strict curriculum
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: HMandACFan

HMandACFan
2 months ago#5
Yeah, I'm not giving HS another dime. They lie all the time and just get greedier and greedier. Maybe they're desperate because their greed is losing players so they get even more greedy.
Hearthstone NA IGN: MeltedWater#1790, LoL NA IGN: MeltedWater
Discord: MeltedWater#9972

User Info: NinjaX2099

NinjaX2099
2 months ago#6
same, I'll just start guttin my wild collection to stay competitive til I burn out.
and I had to offer her a stick of gum
She was as thick as they come, and taught a strict curriculum

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
2 months ago#7
NinjaX2099 posted...
Consumers: I miss Adventures they were a great value...
Activision: Oh yeah... we got ya...!!

i always said they were terrible value and completely ridiculous
play zoo? great! we have a new card for you! you just need 2800 gold for 2x malchezaar's imp! an 80 dust value!
you play hunter? what a deal! it's only 1400 gold to unlock 2x kindly grandmother,another quality 80 dust value for the low low price of 14 packs!
[?]
"If filmmakers are expected to constantly answer for the worst things their audiences might ever think, no art of value would ever get made."

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
2 months ago#8
CourtofOwls posted...
play zoo? great! we have a new card for you! you just need 2800 gold for 2x malchezaar's imp! an 80 dust value!
you play hunter? what a deal! it's only 1400 gold to unlock 2x kindly grandmother,another quality 80 dust value for the low low price of 14 packs!
I can't really argue with you on the 2800 being very pricey for the 30ish cards you got. Which is weird, since I liked Adventures. Aside from Legendaries being 1 per deck, the rarity on Adventure cards is arbitrary.
Perhaps the return of Adventures is an acknowledgement on its efficacy as a gold sink.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: hyorinryu

hyorinryu
2 months ago#9
I always thought adventures were great value. 700 for a legendary seemed pretty good. The gold I spent on LoE was the best gold I ever spent on this game.

CourtofOwls posted...

Seems like a good compromise would be to let commons/lower rarities be craftable, but lock away things like crafting gold variants behind the adventure. Either that, or put more budget oriented cards in the earlier parts of it.
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
Puzzledragon ID: 357646299

User Info: dotsdfe

dotsdfe
2 months ago#10
It's incredible how fast they went from "All future single player content will be free!" to "Here's the same thing we've been releasing each year again. Pay us for it." to "Yeah here's a totally paid second expansion here with a handful of cards that you probably need, you probably can't skip this if you want to keep up."

I'm not happy with it at all.

It doesn't help that DoD has been absolute f***ing garbage for me. I'm pretty salty at my pulls. My last legendary was on the day the expansion dropped, a month and a half ago. Since then I've gotten every possible event pack & done all of my dailies and put that all into DoD packs. I've gotten maybe 3-4 epics total and a handful of double rare packs, but mostly 40 dusters. I have to be pushing that 40 pack mark for the guaranteed legendary, but this is just atrocious. I was considering saving my gold and trying to do some of the single player stuff, but at this rate I'll still be trying to finally get something out of DoD. It isn't even worth it at this point, but I'm definitely fully into sunk cost fallacy.
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Hearthstone Is Now The Most Expensive It's Ever Been
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A