• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Paladin Epic Sidequest: Sanctuary

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
2 months ago#1
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/e1xmxf/new_card_sanctuary/

2 mana

Sidequest: Take no damage for a turn.

Reward: Summon a 3/6 minion with Taunt

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
2 months ago#2
My gut says No.
The reward is something you want against aggro, which won't easily let this proc.
And against decks where you can activate it easily, it can be a good cheap early beefcake, but the nature of the matchup probably means it doesn't hold much value.
And it's not a secret so the opponent knows exactly when it's coming.

I think this means it finds no home in decks.
Reminds me of the days of plays like Coin Innervate Yeti.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
2 months ago#3
2 mana 3/6 w/taunt seems pretty good in early game.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
2 months ago#4
This is a win more card. There's no way aggro is going to not go face unless they are already behind. I guess it can be a win condition against hyper aggro in that, if you are behind already on turn 2 just concede on turn 3.

Useless against decks where it can easily activate, turn 2 this, turn 3 Priest plays Shadow Word Pain.
I can't believe I've been on Gamefaqs for 20 years now O_O

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
2 months ago#5
Seems like a classic Nice to Discover/Not worthy of a deck slot card

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
2 months ago#6
An actually useful effect would be:

Sidequest: Your minions take no damage for a turn.

Reward: Summon a 3/6 minion with Taunt

This would force aggro to deal with your board rather than continuously going face.
I can't believe I've been on Gamefaqs for 20 years now O_O
BrainDamageEclipse 2 months ago#7
Makes up for the loss of tempo when playing Time Out. But that's 2 cards and 5 mana. But who plays Time Out?

I guess after you play it, your opponent has to hit face every turn or it will go off sooner or later, and if you play a 2nd copy immediately after, you have a good chance of getting it to go off, since your opponent didn't hit your face last turn, and you have a 3/6 taunt.

Also, is the taunt summoned at the end of your opponent's turn, or at the start of yours? If its the former, it can attack on your turn.

Probably not a good card against aggro, but it means your face becomes a soft taunt to some extent, possibly protecting your minions.
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Paladin Epic Sidequest: Sanctuary
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A