• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. 2 warlock rares and Rogue Epic revealed

User Info: mada7

mada7
3 months ago#1
Necrium Apothecary
4 mana
Rogue Epic
2/5
Combo: Draw a deathrattle minion from your deck and gain its deathratte

Crazed Netherwing
5 mana
Warlock Rare
5/5
Battlecry: If you're holding a dragon do 3 damage to all characters.
Dragon

Nether Breath
2 mana
Warlock Rare
Deal 2 damage. If you're holding a dragon deal 4 damage with lifesteal instead.

I think based on this it's fair to assume that the warlock legendary dragon is gonna be Netherspite
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
3 months ago#2
Rogue card is super slow and rogue never does much with the super value oriented stuff

New duskbreaker is pretty good. And nether breath also seems like it could be decent in a midrange/control warlock, if the meta allows for it.

Edit. Just realized that nether breath can go face. It’s pretty strong as along as there are dragons with running

User Info: mada7

mada7
3 months ago#3
SomboSteel posted...
Rogue card is super slow and rogue never does much with the super value oriented stuff

New duskbreaker is pretty good. And nether breath also seems like it could be decent in a midrange/control warlock, if the meta allows for it.

Edit. Just realized that nether breath can go face. It’s pretty strong as along as there are dragons with running

Agree about the rogue card. I'd say Crazed Netherwing compares closer to Abyssal Enforcer and could easily slide into a handlock style deck as they already play some dragons.

Nether Breath scares me a bit, thankfully thaurissan is leaving standard when this comes in because cheap burn for warlock can result in huge bursts from the hand with no counter
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
3 months ago#4
I don't know what Rogue currently has access to for shuffling copies of things back into the deck, but the idea sprang to mind of a deck where Sylvanas is the only Deathrattle, and your gameplan is essentially to spam a lot of them until N'Zoth.
Those both returned to Standard with the big temporary return of stuff, right?
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
3 months ago#5
Ya. They have Togwaggles scheme and the Recruiter for shuffling

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
3 months ago#6
Wonder if that "Actual WoW Gameplay" (due to the excessive Sylvanas, get it?) meme deck can be a thing then.
You have some combo pieces but then you're free to fill with whatever as long as it doesn't have competing Deathrattles.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
3 months ago#7
Neather Breath is super OP! The vanilla effect is usable in a pinch and that dragon synergy is just wow!
I can't believe I've been on Gamefaqs for 20 years now O_O

User Info: SaintAkira7

SaintAkira7
3 months ago#8
MajinUltima posted...
Those both returned to Standard with the big temporary return of stuff, right?

Yeah but they're gone when the new set releases. I do like where your head's at with this tho. The new Rogue card can be, what I would term, "bonkers" in wild. Maybe not "good" or "competitively viable". But some bonkers s*** is fun sometimes.

Also, it can be a turn 4 (3 on coin, but we're probably using coin on miscreant anyway) Mechanical Welp. So, that's good. I like it. Idk if there's currently enough Deathrattle stuff for rogue in standard right now to make it much more than a meme dream, but it'll be fun to experiment with for sure.
PSN: SaintAkira42
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18491169/

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
3 months ago#9
It seems likely that we may see some greedier Warlock decks that are viable next expansion. Having Hellfire on 4 into Crazed Netherwing on 5 means not much is gonna stick. And Nether Breath is basically a 2 mana stage 2 Spellstone that can be used on face. That's going to be huge. You'll probably need to run more 2x Netherwings and 2x Twilight Drake, but I'm sure there will be something that fits into such a deck to make it work. The only thing is that Galakrond doesn't seem like enough of a win condition.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
3 months ago#10
Rogues Epic will probably see use in wild with jades, maybe some weird mill deck. Right now can't see a use for it in standard.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. 2 warlock rares and Rogue Epic revealed
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A