You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Changes to the game I would like to see:
I have a few suggestions that would increase my enjoyment of the game. Here they are:

1 - Rework of ranked rewards, with a fairer, more even progression.

i - New reward structure:

Rank 20: Golden Common
Rank 15: Golden Common and Rare
Rank 10: Golden Common and 2x Rare
Rank 5: Golden Common and 3x Rare
Legend: Golden Common, 3x Rare, 1x Epic

That way, reaching each landmark rank would get a player a golden card, reflecting the difficulty of that division. Rank 10 and legendary get an increase in dust value, while rank 5 loses out to balance it up a bit.

ii - Rewards would, where possible, be non-duplicates, so if a player already has 2 cards of that rarity, they would not get another copy. This is as an incentive to keep the golden cards, rather than simply dust them.

iii - Rewards could be earned in BOTH formats. Standard format would give standard format cards, wild would give wild only cards, including the possibility of hall of fame cards. I do accept that this would mean more dust given away each season, so maybe golden cards for the better result, and non-golden for the lower ranking result? Alongside the "no duplicates" policy, this would be a great way of filling holes in collections for cards that can no longer be bought in packs, without having to craft everything, so good from a collector's viewpoint.

2 - Classic set:
The classic set is badly dated, and could use some new additions. Some rotating cards would be virtually useless in wild, but could be fun to play, especially for new players. My suggestions are:

i - Wizzbang the Wonderful. Will always make a standard format deck, and cannot be used to build other decks. And his decks are never competitive, but allow players to try stuff out and get a feel for different decks before committing to crafting the cards they need. A great starter card, which will always be relevant as the decks change 3 times a year. I'd even go so far as to suggest they include a special quest that would give new players a free copy of Wizzbang on completion, or perhaps include it as the guaranteed legendary in a starter bundle with 10 classic packs.

ii - Toki, Time Turner. When she rotates, her ability to deliver a random wild format card to standard will be lost, and doing the same in wild seems pretty pointless. I'd move her to Classic, as she is a great card for fun, but is too unreliable for serious play. A great card for beginners, as it lets them try out a random legendary every time, seems like a good idea for classic. Also, I would make her neutral rather than mage class... her effect would work with any class, and of course Mage already has Antonidas, it doesn't need another classic legendary.

Any other ideas for cards that could go to Classic? I'm looking for "fun, but not competitive" as a basis for selection.

3 - Buffing existing cards:
At the end of each year, certain underperforming cards could be buffed for the start of their final year in standard, with weaker performing classes getting better buffs, and better classes getting less relevant buffs, as a way to balance the classes. I'd really like to see this as a regular thing.

What does everyone here think? Please discuss. And what is the best way to get suggestions to Blizzard, so they will actually get read, and hopefully considered?
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
3 weeks ago#2
a) no dupe epics allah legendaries
b) double the gold reward for all daily quests
c) 5 gold per win, not 3.33 gold
d) buffed cards grant full dust refund
e) your first tavern brawl match of the week should grant the pack, win or lose
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: HeightOfHubris

HeightOfHubris
3 weeks ago#3
Cone on guys, Activision Blizzard isnt made of money.

They have to make card acquisition unsatisfying so people buy packs. This isnt rocket science.
Edited 134 years ago
(edited 3 weeks ago)
BrainDamageEclipse 3 weeks ago#4
BoyOfBattle posted...
a) no dupe epics allah legendaries
b) double the gold reward for all daily quests
c) 5 gold per win, not 3.33 gold
d) buffed cards grant full dust refund
e) your first tavern brawl match of the week should grant the pack, win or lose

That wish list seems a little too optimistic... just a bit...

a) good idea, but its "a la" from the french, not "allah" from arabic.
b) we want more free gold.... not going to happen.
c) again, its basically free gold, although I suppose the daily limit would stay at 100... meaning you only need to win 20 games, not 30. But I can't see that changing.
d) not realistic. If the card got better, its an incentive to play the card, not dust it.
e) I suppose it wouldn't hurt... but it doesn't sound right to me. Anyhoo, you can challenge your friends (real people or bogus accounts) to a brawl, and cheese a win that way if you really must.
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.
BrainDamageEclipse 3 weeks ago#5
HeightOfHubris posted...
Cone on guys, Activision Blizzard isnt made of money.

They have to make card acquisition unsatisfying so people buy packs. This isnt rocket science.

most of my suggestions wouldn't involve giving away too much free stuff. You would get more rewards at rank 10 or legend, but less at rank 5. It would probably cost them dust overall, as more players hit rank 10 than rank 5, and the extra value for legendary adds to that cost. But getting to legendary is a big deal, why not reward it as such?

I already acknowledged that giving free cards in both formats would be asking a bit much, so I'd be happy to get non-goldens in the lower bracket, especially if they were non-duplicates (cards from old sets that I didn't bother to craft at the time, so mainly for collection purposes). But even that would come under the "I want free stuff" category, so yeah. That suggestion is a little optimistic.

Additions to Classic would not be "free stuff", and the cards I suggested are not competitve, but give players with a limted collection a chance to try new cards before they craft them, and I think it would help new players get into the game, instead of trying it out and giving up because of the very steep catch-up cost it takes to become competitive quickly. Also, I mentioned Wizzbang doesn't have to be a free card, it could be part of a starter bundle.

Lastly. buffing cards would NOT be a dust giveaway, in fact it could be a dust sink as players may craft the buffed cards, and it is a tool to help balance the meta without resorting to nerfs, which of course are also a dust giveaway.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
2 weeks ago#6
boyofbattle’s suggestions are all clown s***. This is a guy who said Blizz would never buff daily quest gold amounts but he thinks they should be DOUBLED. Lmao. Dude must be having trouble farming gold.

Heightofhubris is just a troll that STILL posts on this board even though he dusted his collection (pretty sure he’s full of s*** at this point) and is also awful.

In any case TC I like your suggestions. They seem fair, and also reasonable.

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
2 weeks ago#7
What would increase my enjoyment in the game the most is nerfing Wild Big Priest into the ground.
BrainDamageEclipse 2 weeks ago#8
ColZach posted...
boyofbattle’s suggestions are all clown s***. This is a guy who said Blizz would never buff daily quest gold amounts but he thinks they should be DOUBLED. Lmao. Dude must be having trouble farming gold.

Heightofhubris is just a troll that STILL posts on this board even though he dusted his collection (pretty sure he’s full of s*** at this point) and is also awful.

In any case TC I like your suggestions. They seem fair, and also reasonable.

I know BoB and HoH are not exactly the most serious posters on this board, but I still thought I should deal with the points they raised, rather than just attack them personally. I think its better to respond to their arguments rather than indulge in ad-hominem attacks, even if those attacks might be justifiable.

Anyhoo, back on topic, since I made this thread, Blizzard has announced new cards for the classic set, including Brightwing. I still think that despite Brightwing being very similar to Toki, I'd like to see her in classic, and switched to neutral. That way, there is 1 legendary that would make a random standard legendary (when played in standard) and one that would make a wild one.... I like that idea. Both are heavily dependent on RNG, and will whiff more often than they pull something useful, so great fun cards, good for newbies, but not something that will ever be played competitively.

And Wizzbang wouldn't be affected by the new cards, so I hope it happens.

However, now that they have added cards to classic, I don't know if they will feel that job is done, or if they will be more likely to add more. Both Wizzbang and Toki are due to rotate next April, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.
BrainDamageEclipse 2 weeks ago#9
Chielz0r posted...
What would increase my enjoyment in the game the most is nerfing Wild Big Priest into the ground.

I play ressurrect priest in wild. There is a topic on this board about how to beat this deck, which I have contributed to. Ressurrect Priest is very much a "scissors paper stone" kind of deck, so if you keep losing to it, try a different deck.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/710060-hearthstone-heroes-of-warcraft/77812174#8

Unfortunately, HS often comes down to scissors paper stone, and when it does, its all about beating the most popular deck in the meta at the time, even though that means losing to other decks... its just about trying to keep your overall win-rate above 50%, and obviously that depends on the meta at the time.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
2 weeks ago#10
@BrainDamageEclipse
Yea I've made mage decks specifically to counter Ressurrect Priest, adding a dozen 1 cost minnions to their graveyard with the priest still getting lucky and managing to summon a bunch of high value minnions.
Ofcourse those decks only manage to win to Ress priest once in a while and are total garbage against anything else.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Changes to the game I would like to see: