You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. When to open golden classic pack?

User Info: Biaz

Biaz
4 weeks ago#11
BrainDamageEclipse posted...
I also pulled a golden Ragnaros back in the day... got 3200 dust and still have him :)

highly unlikely to happen with Illidan ;-)
If you think you are good at something, there's an Asian on YouTube better than you.
You have to be realistic about these things.
Biaz posted...
I also pulled a golden Ragnaros back in the day... got 3200 dust and still have him :)

highly unlikely to happen with Illidan ;-)

Yeah, that's true. But I don't need the dust right now, and I would like to get a complete set of classic cards.
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
3 weeks ago#13
golden pack gave a golden Ysera. it's useful in a deck if i had the space for it.
The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of **** - Mike Tyson
kingdrake2 posted...
golden pack gave a golden Ysera. it's useful in a deck if i had the space for it.

Very nice. All the cards she makes will be golden as well. That's 2 of us pulled legendaries from gold packs... seems like the odds of getting one might not be so bad.
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.

User Info: Simmedon

Simmedon
3 weeks ago#15
kingdrake2 posted...

Very nice. All the cards she makes will be golden as well. That's 2 of us pulled legendaries from gold packs... seems like the odds of getting one might not be so bad.

The golden packs are in the 30-40 range of the pity timer. The Legendary rate is pretty high at that point, relatively speaking.
Switch FC: SW-5456-1062-9038
"You nuked me with light, I shot you four times... I think we can call it even."

User Info: thronedfire2

thronedfire2
3 weeks ago#16
doesn't the pity timer take effect when you get the pack and the cards are RNG'd? I don't think you can sit on a bunch of packs for months and then get lucky
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
thronedfire2 posted...
doesn't the pity timer take effect when you get the pack and the cards are RNG'd? I don't think you can sit on a bunch of packs for months and then get lucky

I always thought the RNG happened when the packs were opened, but I could be wrong. Anyhoo, blizzard just announced some additions to classic, so it is probably worth saving the packs until the new cards are live. Obviously this goes for normal packs (from tavern brawls etc) as well as the golden pack, if you still have it.

Of course, if the cards are already decided as soon as the pack is created, it doesn't matter when you open it, you would still get the same cards. However, if anyone pulls any of the new cards from classic packs they were holding before the update, that would prove that cards are generated when packs are opened, not bought or won.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
3 weeks ago#18
WilhelmHaven posted...
Ah, thanks. I didn't even get the solo content. Enjoy your shinies, you guys.

I got it easy with the reduce mana cost by 2 mage hero power, pick a lot of big minnions and make sure to get Antonidas.

User Info: TheDarkone21

TheDarkone21
3 weeks ago#19
thronedfire2 posted...

I always thought the RNG happened when the packs were opened, but I could be wrong. Anyhoo, blizzard just announced some additions to classic, so it is probably worth saving the packs until the new cards are live. Obviously this goes for normal packs (from tavern brawls etc) as well as the golden pack, if you still have it.

Of course, if the cards are already decided as soon as the pack is created, it doesn't matter when you open it, you would still get the same cards. However, if anyone pulls any of the new cards from classic packs they were holding before the update, that would prove that cards are generated when packs are opened, not bought or won.

From the mouth of the one that started us all down this dark path with his hearty bellows:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbrode/status/770347620032065536
The http://i.imgur.com/y82YqJB.gif of Dark Souls.
GT/PSN: IwuzPh34rless / Steam ID: BlkDynamite / HS: BlkDynamite#1899
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. When to open golden classic pack?