You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. When to open golden classic pack?

User Info: scaryblackman

scaryblackman
1 month ago#1
Time it with the regular classic pity timer? Would be a shame to open and get 4 commons 1 rare. Though that’s the likely outcome
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

User Info: Simmedon

Simmedon
1 month ago#2
I vaguely remember reading that Gold Classic packs operate under their own pity timer separate from reguler Classic packs.
Switch FC: SW-5456-1062-9038
"You nuked me with light, I shot you four times... I think we can call it even."

User Info: DrPrimemaster

DrPrimemaster
1 month ago#3
The pity timer doesnt increase your probability of getting a legendary as you get closer to 40 packs without legendaries. Its more of a set cap.

So there is no point in trying to time it.
Metroids Suck

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#4
How do you get the golden pack? Did it come with the solo content or something?

User Info: Simmedon

Simmedon
1 month ago#5
WilhelmHaven posted...

You have to beat all 5 chapters in normal mode once. Class / deck / etc. does not matter.
Switch FC: SW-5456-1062-9038
"You nuked me with light, I shot you four times... I think we can call it even."

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#6
Simmedon posted...
WilhelmHaven posted...

You have to beat all 5 chapters in normal mode once. Class / deck / etc. does not matter.

Ah, thanks. I didn't even get the solo content. Enjoy your shinies, you guys.

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
1 month ago#7
Simmedon posted...
I vaguely remember reading that Gold Classic packs operate under their own pity timer separate from reguler Classic packs.

This - I have the same inkling. Similar to how the pity timers for all expo packs are separated and tracked differently - a gold pack is just another pack type.
wolverinerob79 posted...
Simmedon posted...

This - I have the same inkling. Similar to how the pity timers for all expo packs are separated and tracked differently - a gold pack is just another pack type.

Yeah... that's what I expected. However, I pulled a golden Illidan, so :D
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
1 month ago#9
BrainDamageEclipse posted...

Awesome! That's a free legendary of your choice :-D.
wolverinerob79 posted...
BrainDamageEclipse posted...

Awesome! That's a free legendary of your choice :-D.

Yeah, but I'm keeping Illidan for now. I only need 6 more classic legendaries, then I can save up classic packs, dust one of my golden ones (I have Illidan, Deathwing and Bloodmage) and hopefully get a replacement, then repeat. Even so, with only tavern brawls and quests, it could be another 2 years before I have them all.

I also pulled a golden Ragnaros back in the day... got 3200 dust and still have him :)
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. When to open golden classic pack?