You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Help with a deck I'm making.

User Info: DarkUnicornMage

DarkUnicornMage
1 month ago#1
I’ve been trying to make a (meme) Warlock deck that utilizes Hecklebots and Unseen Saboteurs. Oh. And that one card that transforms a minion into a demon for each player.

I’ve also added Plot Twist as well and that one legendary who turns all cards in hand and deck into legendaries.

My first version had tons of removal. But I always got agro’d to death. Then I added a bunch of draw and heal. But it’s lack luster at best.

Are there any other synergies or deck types that I should use?

Thanks.

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#2
It's not what you're looking for (hecklebots and saboteurs etc) but the most fun I've had with Plot Twist was a very Deathrattley deck and Dollmaster Dorian. Plot Twist + Dorian is arguably an even stronger combo than PT + Beltrug. Definitely when it's on curve.

Still memey, but had a 50 percent WR I'd guess.

DarkUnicornMage
1 month ago#3
WilhelmHaven posted...
It's not what you're looking for (hecklebots and saboteurs etc) but the most fun I've had with Plot Twist was a very Deathrattley deck and Dollmaster Dorian. Plot Twist + Dorian is arguably an even stronger combo than PT + Beltrug. Definitely when it's on curve.

That sounds fun. Have a decklist?

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#4
DarkUnicornMage posted...
WilhelmHaven posted...

Sure. It's not one I've ever even tried to tweak. I just fire it up for some casual games for a laugh sometimes. The Hakkar part rarely even works properly but f***it...fun when it works. Could replace Elysiana with Rafaam to eliminate the Corripted Bloods.

### Twistlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (3) Earthen Ring Farseer
# 2x (3) Harvest Golem
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 2x (3) Shadow Bolt
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (5) Dollmaster Dorian
# 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
# 2x (6) Mechanical Whelp
# 2x (6) Safeguard
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Archivist Elysiana
# 1x (9) Ysera
# 1x (10) Hakkar, the Soulflayer

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#5
Oooh so many legendaries. Must be proof that HS is on the upper end of the pay-for-fun SPECTRUM

DarkUnicornMage
1 month ago#6
WilhelmHaven posted...
WilhelmHaven posted...

Sure. It's not one I've ever even tried to tweak. I just fire it up for some casual games for a laugh sometimes. The Hakkar part rarely even works properly but f***it...fun when it works. Could replace Elysiana with Rafaam to eliminate the Corripted Bloods.

### Twistlock
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (3) Harvest Golem
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 2x (3) Shadow Bolt
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Safeguard
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Ysera

Thanks. I gave all those cards except Cairne and Fel Lord Betrug. :(

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#7
WilhelmHaven posted...
WilhelmHaven posted...

### Twistlock
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (3) Harvest Golem
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 2x (3) Shadow Bolt
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Safeguard
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Ysera

Ah in that case it might barely win at all. It basically hinges on either an earlyish Dorian Twist AND/or a lategame Beltrug Twist. If you only have Dorian for a swing turn it'll likely be reaaaally bad I'm afraid. Still, try it for fun.

Just try to use any nondeathrattle cards like removal and farseer early so as to strengthen a Dorian turn. And don't play the Broodmothers. You'll likely need the health.
(edited 1 month ago)

DarkUnicornMage
1 month ago#8
WilhelmHaven posted...
WilhelmHaven posted...
WilhelmHaven posted...

### Twistlock
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (3) Harvest Golem
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 2x (3) Shadow Bolt
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Safeguard
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Ysera

Ah in that case it might barely win at all. It basically hinges on either an earlyish Dorian Twist AND/or a lategame Beltrug Twist. If you only have Dorian for a swing turn it'll likely be reaaaally bad I'm afraid. Still, try it for fun.

Just try to use any nondeathrattle cards like removal and farseer early so as to strengthen a Dorian turn. And don't play the Broodmothers. You'll likely need the health.

Ok. So I have the dust for beltrug tho. Is he decent in general? I don’t want to spend all that dust just for a meme legendary.

Oh. And I’ve been seeing this spell damage version one where you flood your board with spell damage after Dorian and/or beltrug?? OTK potential. ??

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#9
WilhelmHaven posted...
WilhelmHaven posted...
WilhelmHaven posted...

### Twistlock
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (3) Harvest Golem
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 2x (3) Shadow Bolt
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Safeguard
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Ysera

Ok. So I have the dust for beltrug tho. Is he decent in general? I don’t want to spend all that dust just for a meme legendary.

Oh. And I’ve been seeing this spell damage version one where you flood your board with spell damage after Dorian and/or beltrug?? OTK potential. ??

Nooooo I'd never recommend using yer dust for Beltrug right now. Warlock is in a baaaad spot.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Help with a deck I'm making.