You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Wild is turning more and more into a dumpster mode with each expansion

User Info: mattfrank

mattfrank
1 month ago#1
The power creep has gotten so ridiculous.There are so many good Murlocs now that you can just vomit your hand and fill the board.

Odd Pally was such a problem in Standard Blizzard they just dumped it into Wild mode and pretend it never existed.Now they have this 1 mana secret that make it much harder for you to clear its board and more easy to snowball.

Then there is always this pinnacle of deck design Priest deck that everyone loves.I guess it will never go away because it got even more tools to highroll.

So many absurd decks you game is decided at the moment you were pair with your opponent.
US 3ds FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637
Jpn 3ds FC:Mattfrank 3909-8121-4346

User Info: Simmedon

Simmedon
1 month ago#2
That's the entire point of the mode. It's not supposed to be this balanced, highly interactive mode that everyone will love. It's all about aggroing your opponent down by turn 5, or highrooling huge minions way ahead of their mana curve to defeat your opponent by turn 6. If you were expecting anything else, you're playing the wrong game.
Switch FC: SW-5456-1062-9038
"You nuked me with light, I shot you four times... I think we can call it even."

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
1 month ago#3
idg why people willingly play a known joke mode and get surprised when it turns out to be a clown fiesta
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
1 month ago#4
Simmedon posted...
That's the entire point of the mode. It's not supposed to be this balanced, highly interactive mode that everyone will love. It's all about aggroing your opponent down by turn 5, or highrooling huge minions way ahead of their mana curve to defeat your opponent by turn 6. If you were expecting anything else, you're playing the wrong game.

I agree with you 100%. But if that’s the case, then why did they nerf stuff like Patches and Raza or Naga Sea Witch?

User Info: imkindafunny

imkindafunny
1 month ago#5
SomboSteel posted...
Simmedon posted...

I agree with you 100%. But if that’s the case, then why did they nerf stuff like Patches and Raza or Naga Sea Witch?

Whiny fanbase?
"Tiger got to sleep, Bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand."
I narrate RPGs erry Tuesday @ 6pm EST https://www.twitch.tv/sonofstapes

User Info: NoAvailUsername

NoAvailUsername
1 month ago#6
can see your point but disagree with the last sentence, which describes standard better

"Wild is incredibly diverse, other than 4-L, and you never quite know what to expect from each opponent. There are fewer players than in Standard, but their decks run the gamut in design and strategy far more than Standard could ever encompass. It is not unreasonable to see 30-40 different archetypes in a single season if you play a few games each day, particularly at rank floors and the double digit ranks. The best part of Wild is that you can play, and win, with virtually any strategy you want as long as it has some sort of powerful synergy or interaction.

Unless you want to go for Legend, the degenerate decks in Wild aren't really that big of a problem. Even if they are, Wild has far more tech cards to counter specific decks, so there's always a way to deal with a bad matchup.

Wild is a far more interesting, diverse, and experimental format. The 25% return on all those cards isn't worth sacrificing one of the game's best modes forever. It would also mean you'll just continually lose value over time (4 wild legendaries disenchants into enough dust for 1 standard legendary that eventually rotates out itself), so the Standard value is temporary and a far larger waste than using the cards in Wild."

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
1 month ago#7
imkindafunny posted...
SomboSteel posted...
Simmedon posted...

Whiny fanbase?

Well that unfortunate. It was the nerf to Raza that made me disregard Wild as a play mode, as Raza Priest was going to be my go to deck since I could always adjust it as new cards came out so it could play a little differently and stay fresh.

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
1 month ago#8
Wild becomes better and better with each rotation as all classes get to play with their evil and degenerate cards at any given moment. Plenty of fun to be until you reach the rank 10-legend stretch and even then there is plenty of diversity.

That said, in wild you won't have the illusion of balance and aren't so much at the mercy of Team 5 in the hopes of getting nerfs for the 1-2 most broken classes within a reasonable time unlike in standard (although they did rotate out Baku/Genn and are making buffing cards the coming patch, so its seems they want the game to improve somewhat before a rotation comes).

User Info: Sed

Sed
1 month ago#9
imkindafunny posted...
SomboSteel posted...
Simmedon posted...

Whiny fanbase?

I don't think they should have nerfed those with the exception of naga. Wasn't naga giants basically a archtype for close to every class? Either way I recall it getting to be a bit much.

User Info: bed_of_razors

bed_of_razors
1 month ago#10
I played so many murloc decks today and each one ended up conceding. As soon as you see the drop a murloc, you know you have to go for board control, if you can clear (or almost clear) their board every turn, they run out of steam. This is a non issue.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/bed_of_razors/Filler.jpg www.last.fm/user/bumchef ||PSN: BedOfRazors ||Nintendo ID: Verdelet ||Steam: spheres_of_madness
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Wild is turning more and more into a dumpster mode with each expansion