You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Bomb warrior making a resurgence?

User Info: NinjaX2099

NinjaX2099
3 weeks ago#1
With 2 of it's biggest threats (Rogue and Fatigue Warrior) taking a hit I see this annoying deck coming back strong. Mech hunter is still a threat to it but I don't see it being enough.
and I had to offer her a stick of gum
She was as thick as they come, and taught a strict curriculum

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
3 weeks ago#2
I hope so. Most decks I enjoy do well against Warriors. So much so that I'm genuinely happy whenever I see Garrosh's face pop up on my screen. They just provide sooooo much time for greedy decks to accomplish what they want to accomplish. And, we can all do double Elysiana.

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
3 weeks ago#3
Rogue a threat to Bomb Warrior?

https://hsreplay.net/meta/#tab=matchups

Tempo Rogue only has a 41% win rate against Bomb Warrior. If anything its going to drop in use because one of the main classes it preys on is going down in usage.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: NinjaX2099

NinjaX2099
3 weeks ago#4
If the stat was reliably true there is no way Bomb warrior should've dropped off as hard as it did with one of it's favored matches being so abundant.

and yeah it was one of very few decks that could burst them down before they could stabilize.
and I had to offer her a stick of gum
She was as thick as they come, and taught a strict curriculum

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
3 weeks ago#5
Bomb Warrior "dropped off" because Control Warrior beat Rogues even harder and Rogues were staring to make like 30% of the 5-Legend range. If you're going for the grind, that extra 6% in win rate is pretty huge.

More critically: Bomb Warrior loses hard the spell version of Conjurer Mage which is spiking in popularity, while Control Warrior doesn't (both lose to the dragon version though). Bomb Warrior slightly loses against Token Druid while Control Warrior slightly wins.

The only important decks I could find where Bomb Warrior did better was Midrange Hunter where it almost goes even instead of getting crushed, and Nomi Priest where its win rate is about 70% compared to Control's 53%. Sure Bomb Warrior also does better against Control Shaman, but who really cares about Control Shaman?

The stat is reliably true. Rogue was not able to consistently burst Bomb Warrior down. The problem was all of the other matchups where Control Warrior was noticeably better: almost every deck you'd see while climbing nowadays Control Warrior is at least a few points better. No reason to switch to Bomb Warrior unless you were insistent on playing Warrior while in a Midrange Hunter and Nomi Priest stretch of opponents.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: HMandACFan

HMandACFan
3 weeks ago#6
Unfortunatly that appears to be the case, yes. Oh well, at least I had fun farming the idiot hunters in the first hour of the shift and hitting legend with my murloc shaman. Now I can wait 12 days because no sense in being caught up in this 12 day meta.
HS NA/Diablo III EU IGN: MeltedWater#1790, LoL NA IGN: MeltedWater
Discord: MeltedWater#9972

User Info: closetkpopfan

closetkpopfan
3 weeks ago#7
Mech Hunter just abuses any version of Warrior IMO, so eh.
http://s1.postimage.org/fm1o7jxqn/secret.jpg http://s28.postimg.org/iyw1do0vh/Untitled.png
http://s24.postimg.org/unjg0nrtx/1117615_1347687231256_full.jpg

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
3 weeks ago#8
It just shows you how meta shaping Dyn-o-matic is that an aggro deck gains a favorable edge over Warrior simply by denying value from that card.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Bomb warrior making a resurgence?