You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Is Hearthstone on the spectrum of Pay to Win?

User Info: xtacb

xtacb
4 weeks ago#1
Is Hearthstone on the spectrum of Pay to Win?

vote nao
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
4 weeks ago#2
Pay to win means you're paying for a tangible advantage that cannot be considered worse.

Getting new cards in Hearthstone are always 'side-grades'.

There'd be an argument for p2w if you couldn't obtain all these cards for free, but you can. Not only are the cards side-grades, but you can obtain them without spending a dime.

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
4 weeks ago#3
Anyone voting the last choice needs to be not taken seriously. I could argue any of the other choices given other qualifiers...but to say it's not at all P2W is basically the same as saying "my chair is not a chair". Remember all, being on the spectrum of P2W isn't a bad thing. It's not a boogeyman. Nor does it excuse (or overcome) bad play.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: HeightOfHubris

HeightOfHubris
4 weeks ago#4
ColZach posted...
Getting new cards in Hearthstone are always 'side-grades'.

Mm. Like when you crack open Archmage Antonidias and you have to hem and haw whether its a good replacement for that Boulderfist Ogre in your Mage deck.

What an absolutely silly thing to say.

ColZach posted...
There'd be an argument for p2w if you couldn't obtain all these cards for free, but you can. Not only are the cards side-grades, but you can obtain them without spending a dime.

That is also blatantly false. You literally cannot grind quick enough to obtain all the cards at any point in time, Blizzard makes it that way. You cant even get like 25% of all legends and epics. And thats IF you dont mangle your existing collection to craft a viable deck.

You're going full bore Trump on this topic m80.
Edited 134 years ago

User Info: ninplayer

ninplayer
4 weeks ago#5
HeightOfHubris posted...
Mm. Like when you crack open Archmage Antonidias and you have to hem and haw whether its a good replacement for that Boulderfist Ogre in your Mage deck.

What’s hilarious about this statement is that Antonidas is not even that good at all in most Mage decks. Hell there are optimized Mage decks running s***loads of 1-cost spells in the meta right now that are purposefully cutting Antonidas lmao. Way to instantly make yourself look dumber than usual!!
https://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/
(message deleted)

User Info: ninplayer

ninplayer
4 weeks ago#7
HeightOfHubris posted...
ninplayer posted...
HeightOfHubris posted...

What’s hilarious about this statement is that Antonidas is not even that good at all in most Mage decks. Hell there are optimized Mage decks running s***loads of 1-cost spells in the meta right now that are purposefully cutting Antonidas lmao. Way to instantly make yourself look dumber than usual!!

It was an example you stool sample, idgaf what the meta looks like. Point is his post is blatantly false.

Except I blatantly just proved that his point was pretty sound and that Antonidas is a “side-grade” at best. I’d frankly rather run Boulderfist Ogre in many Mage decks
https://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
4 weeks ago#8
Wow I forgot that archmage could be run 2x in your deck, had 6 attack, and cost 6 mana.

Edit: I also love how hoh is using getting 100% of cards as a benchmark. That’s what’s f***ing silly.

I ask again little buddy why do you still post here?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
4 weeks ago#9
HeightOfHubris posted...
You're going full bore Trump on this topic m80.

His chosen a bad (and wrong) definition of a standard term as his hill to die on. I don't know why.
Nothing that you can acquire everything without spending money can be pay 2 win. Card games are not pay 2 win. If there was a really OP card locked behind a pay wall then it would be pay 2 win. As it stands I don't believe that card exists in Hearthstone therefore no it is not pay 2 win at all.

You can say pay 2 speed up sure. Not pay 2 win. I could take a free account to legendary in a month super easy as a casual not anything special player. It is not pay 2 win.
Favorite Teams: Kentucky Wildcats, San Antonio Spurs, and Carolina Panthers... No other sport really matters to me.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Is Hearthstone on the spectrum of Pay to Win?