• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Objective proof Hearthstone isn't pay to win

User Info: DonnyG

DonnyG
2 months ago#31
HeightOfHubris posted...
DonnyG posted...
HeightOfHubris posted...
DonnyG posted...
HeightOfHubris posted...
redundancies posted...
HeightOfHubris posted...

Maybe thats why the playerbase is leaking like a sieve...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If true, maybe they should only stop trying to grind to legend and just play the game in a more casual fashion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More like its an unsatisfying slog to try to play this game in any capacity as a f2p player.

Shrugface idk

Maybe you shouldn't expect an optimal gaming experience when you're paying nothing to get it?

No, but my point is these F2P games sacrifice soooooo much quality by their nature. They require some sort of manipulation to get people to pay, and the games quality suffers as a result.

At least MTG Arena has beem generous. Hearthstone seems to pull out absolutely every single stop to pry every cent from its playerbase.

They require that manipulation because they will fail if nobody spends. Pretty simple.

Then maybe the system is inherently rotten.

Expecting people to spend money to use a product is inherently rotten? Living up to those millenial stereotypes for sure.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
2 months ago#32
HeightOfHubris posted...
More like its an unsatisfying slog to try to play this game in any capacity as a f2p player.

I don't have an issue. Granted that I've been playing since launch so I've been able to keep up...but just playing for quests every day has kept me in a reasonable number of cards. I don't have any designs on being highly ranked, but I have been able to cobble together some fun decks every expansion that win a reasonable amount. Many of them follow popular archetypes, even if I don't have all the cards for them.

But you completely ignored what my point was, about grinding to legend as F2P being fun for some people. I don't personally care, but if someone likes it, they shouldn't see it as a job.

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
2 months ago#33
lmfao !

looks like whalerob's lost his mind ever since he realized his gold stash is pauper-tier compared to mine xD
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
2 months ago#34
redundancies posted...
I don't have an issue. Granted that I've been playing since launch so I've been able to keep up...but just playing for quests every day has kept me in a reasonable number of cards

I'm in the same boat - been playing since closed beta, so I'm a happy 102P (Free to play for the most part, but paid for the 2, $5 a piece welcome bundles because their value is too high to ignore). But I could see how someone starting brand new would have a terrible time if their goal was to compete. If they want to enjoy grinding it out, good for them...but I don't think that's most new players.

User Info: DonnyG

DonnyG
2 months ago#35
wolverinerob79 posted...
redundancies posted...
I don't have an issue. Granted that I've been playing since launch so I've been able to keep up...but just playing for quests every day has kept me in a reasonable number of cards

I'm in the same boat - been playing since closed beta, so I'm a happy 102P (Free to play for the most part, but paid for the 2, $5 a piece welcome bundles because their value is too high to ignore). But I could see how someone starting brand new would have a terrible time if their goal was to compete. If they want to enjoy grinding it out, good for them...but I don't think that's most new players.

I don't think any new player of any game should have the expectation to compete at a high level right off the drop.

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
2 months ago#36
You can compete within a few days if you know what you’re looking for.

It’s almost like skill matters more in winning.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Objective proof Hearthstone isn't pay to win
  • Topic Archived