• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Objective proof Hearthstone isn't pay to win

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
2 months ago#1
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/bno7rx/i_played_to_legend_without_a_single_epic_or/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Guy made legend without anything higher than rare.

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
2 months ago#2
So once again, you've failed logic and decided that an extremely great player getting to Legend means the game's not P2W. Never mind that the same awesome player would get there faster WITH epic and legendary cards, or that your average player piloting his budget decks won't go nearly as fast as he did and many will never get legend because they themselves aren't skilled enough. But ya...keep misunderstanding what P2W means.

ColZach
2 months ago#3
I don’t know why I try. I posted objective proof that skill means infinitely more than spending ever will.

But they refuse to listen.

Get blocked you ignorant troll.
BrainDamageEclipse 2 months ago#4
I dunno why this P2W debate keeps going... Obviously, some players are good enough to get to legend with budget decks, and obviously spending more money will get you more (and better) cards.

So, its a little of column A, and a little from column B. Can we stop arguing now?
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.

User Info: dermoratraken

dermoratraken
2 months ago#5
BrainDamageEclipse posted...
I dunno why this P2W debate keeps going...

There's a lot of psychology going on. Cognitive dissonance makes people irrational, and they feel the desperate need to explain away their pay to win habits.

User Info: NinjaX2099

NinjaX2099
2 months ago#6
I don’t know why I try. I posted objective proof that skill means infinitely more than spending ever will.

Yeah.... no, you proved none of that. You use an extreme example on one end of the spectrum but on the other end there are plenty of mediocre players making legend being carried by the strength of their collection that you completely overlook because it doesn't fall in line with your narrative.

for every one of these post about someone making it to legend with a cheap deck the are at least 10 people making it to legend by just having a top of the line deck and going with the flow/tempo.
and I had to offer her a stick of gum
She was as thick as they come, and taught a strict curriculum

User Info: DonnyG

DonnyG
2 months ago#7
dermoratraken posted...
I dunno why this P2W debate keeps going...

There's a lot of psychology going on. Cognitive dissonance makes people irrational, and they feel the desperate need to explain away their pay to win habits.

What TC posted... is the exact opposite of what you're blabbing about.

He's literally saying you don't need to spend money if you practice enough and git gud. Laughable that you'd try sounding smart and yet just fail miserably.

ColZach
2 months ago#8
Breaking news: it’s easier to make legend with epic and legendary cards

Also breaking news: you don’t have to spend money to get those cards

Edit: I just seriously love how the delusional people find every excuse. When they have objective proof that skill means more, they just call it ‘an extreme example’

Lmao

wolverinerob79
2 months ago#9
I dunno why this P2W debate keeps going... Obviously, some players are good enough to get to legend with budget decks, and obviously spending more money will get you more (and better) cards.

So, its a little of column A, and a little from column B. Can we stop arguing now?

Ironically you're not the brain damaged one in this thread :)

wolverinerob79
2 months ago#10
ColZach posted...
When they have objective proof that skill means more

Skill in hearthstone means more than paying, but paying gets you ahead. Why is the P2W world so black and white to you? Here's a doll, where did the bad EA touch you?
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Objective proof Hearthstone isn't pay to win
  • Topic Archived