You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Decided to combine Miracle and Giants Mage in Standard, and the results are good

User Info: Growshroom

Growshroom
1 month ago#11
Having played it some more I feel the Control Warrior matchup is an RNG toss-up in their favor. Their ability to generate answers and threats is on par with your own, only they are much more consistent in their defensive gameplan. So that's a big downside if your goal playing Mage is to punish Warrior. You are heavily favored against Zoo and Token Druid, however. So it is really a matter of which polarized matchup you prefer.

I just had the deck's equivalent of an 8/8 Van Cleef opener. Going second on turn 4 after drawing with Arcane Intellect on turn 3, Evocation>Giant>Coin>Calling. It was against a Rogue, appropriately enough. I won that one.
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 month ago#12
Giants need to be HoF'd. Bigtime. That and flame imp needs to be 2 mana.
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: felica

felica
1 month ago#13
thetraveler posted...

No they don’t.
Patiently waiting for KH3 Final Mix/Pokemon Shield
3DS FC-0447-9990-9059 TSV-2787 IGN-Evan

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 month ago#14
felica posted...
thetraveler posted...

No they don’t.

Fine. Make them harder to bring out. Oh look, he put a ton of tokens out just to bring out an 8/8 FAR earlier than is reasonable. f*** that.
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.

Growshroom
1 month ago#15
Update. I have played up to Rank 2 two-stars with this deck. That's unusual for me, since I have bad ladder anxiety and only ever got to Legend on the back of Odd Paladin.

I dropped the Blast Wave. It just felt like overkill versus Zoo and Token Druid and rarely useful in every other matchup. It just ended up a dead card most of the time. I also dropped one Banana Buffoon for the same reason.

In its place I put in two Rabble Bouncers, the seven mana 2/7 taunt that gets cheaper for every minion the opponent has. It fulfills Blast Wave's function against Zoo and Token, can slow down Rogue, and can also function as a Conjurer's target in non-aggro matchups if you choose to tempo out Mountain Giants as threats.

I've encountered less Dragon Summon Mage ranking up this week. Instead there is a new variant that runs the spell generation package plus Questing, Rabble Bouncer, Sea Giant, and Frost Nova. The latter is a clever way to make it so aggro can't ignore your Giants and Questings lest they get frozen out and killed over two turns. Although I'm curious as to how well the deck works if you don't draw those Frost Novas.
+50 HP

User Info: ninplayer

ninplayer
1 month ago#16
The new Questing double Giant Frost Nova deck is super cool and fun to play. I’m loving how this meta continues to develop. Everybody thought this kind of archetype seemed bad at first, but now its catching on like wildfire and seems genuinely powerful. And a random ass card like Rabble Bouncer is looking like unquestionably core and a very powerful inclusion. Who the hell saw that coming
https://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
1 month ago#17
I think we can safely say this is a tier 1 deck. Several streamers like Asmodai, Thijs, and Zalae have piloted various builds of the Giants Miracle Mage deck to top 10 legend. The deck apparently has what it takes to beat Rogue consistently while also being able to beat down Nomi Priests.

It is really interesting to see Rabble Bouncer start to become a staple card as well.

Another strange outcome of the rotations is that Boomsday Project appears to be as impactful on the current meta as the latest expansion. Bomb Hunter almost looks like the day 1 decks we saw after that expansion’s release and, of course, it is probably the single most impactful expansion for Warrior in Standard, showing that the power level for that set was much higher than people thought and that it was merely overshadowed by Baku/Genn and YotM cards.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

Growshroom
1 month ago#18
Jedibaracuda posted...
Another strange outcome of the rotations is that Boomsday Project appears to be as impactful on the current meta as the latest expansion. Bomb Hunter almost looks like the day 1 decks we saw after that expansion’s release and, of course, it is probably the single most impactful expansion for Warrior in Standard, showing that the power level for that set was much higher than people thought and that it was merely overshadowed by Baku/Genn and YotM cards.

I think you are correct there. Ziliax is emblematic of the entire expansion, imo. He went from being considered underwhelming (due to Giggling) to a decent pick to being practically ubiquitous. I just took out a Sandbinder for him as another bulwark against aggro.

Also, a protip in the Miracle Giant mirror if you are going second: pull a Rogue and mulligan for your equivalent of huge Edwin Van Cleef.. Mountain Giant + Elemental Evocation + Conjurer's Calling + Arcane Intellect. If you draw into those by turn 4 there is nothing they can do about it other than try to stall with freezes.
+50 HP
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Decided to combine Miracle and Giants Mage in Standard, and the results are good