• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
2 months ago#11
Last Soldier posted...
It auto-loses to 3 of the most common decks in the meta right now: Token Druid, Murloc Shaman, Carpet Zoo. It also has low winrate against Tempo Rogue and Nomi Priest which are also extremely popular right now.

You can't get more fair than this deck in the Tier 1/2 range right now. Any more fair and it'd be a T3 deck.

Unfortunately thanks to Bomb Warriors, any deck that can make it above Tier 2 right now needs to either be a counter of Bomb Warrior or a counter of its counters. Khadgar Mage is a direct consequence of this awkward meta because it has a high winrate VS Bomb Warriors. If Bomb Warrior ever dies down, you'd see more varieties of mage decks that plays more like actual mage class fantasy instead of this giant summon spam.

More important to counter Rogue than to counter Bomb Warrior, what with it having a 30% play rate at legend and only losing to Warrior. Or counter Token Druid as it has the highest overall winrate. Heck above Rank 4 Control Warrior is better than Bomb Warrior in terms of win rate (though Bomb Warrior does a lot better work at lower ranks than Control Warrior).

Bomb Warrior is grossly exaggerated. https://hsreplay.net/meta/ 5th and dropping when looking at all ranks. Literally only sticking around that high because its the only class that counters Rogue. It dying down wouldn't mean more Mage types would be around: they all get slaughter by Rogue which would be in even higher numbers.

Actually, looking further at the numbers, the Khadagar Mage is the only one to break 40% winrate against Rogue, sheesh. The rest are down at like 34% win rate.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: DonnyG

DonnyG
2 months ago#12
Simmedon posted...
solosnake posted...
Its because the way they designed the current meta you have nothing but anti fun decks. So no matter what you lose to it doesnt feel good. Its D+ design borderline F

Can you name something that feels good to lose against? Because losing by its very nature isn't fun and should never feel good.

Bingo

User Info: NinjaX2099

NinjaX2099
2 months ago#13
Simmedon posted...
solosnake posted...
Its because the way they designed the current meta you have nothing but anti fun decks. So no matter what you lose to it doesnt feel good. Its D+ design borderline F

Can you name something that feels good to lose against? Because losing by its very nature isn't fun and should never feel good.

A deck that doesn't rely on rng or one big insurmountable swing turn that makes all turns before meaningless. To lose because you undoubtedly made a mistake or simply got outplayed.
and I had to offer her a stick of gum
She was as thick as they come, and taught a strict curriculum

DonnyG
2 months ago#14
NinjaX2099 posted...
Simmedon posted...
solosnake posted...

A deck that doesn't rely on rng or one big insurmountable swing turn that makes all turns before meaningless. To lose because you undoubtedly made a mistake or simply got outplayed.

1. It never feels good to lose because of your own play mistake.
2. The vast majority of losers on here don't believe they got outplayed when they, in fact, did.

User Info: NinjaX2099

NinjaX2099
2 months ago#15
DonnyG posted...
NinjaX2099 posted...
Simmedon posted...
solosnake posted...

2. The vast majority of losers on here don't believe they got outplayed when they, in fact, did.

To both 1 & 2: to me personally it feels 10x better than to lose like that than to something totally out of my control. I guess I'm different than most then because I have no problem throwing a "Well Played" emote right before I concede and mean it if I legitimately get outplayed.
and I had to offer her a stick of gum
She was as thick as they come, and taught a strict curriculum

DonnyG
2 months ago#16
NinjaX2099 posted...
DonnyG posted...
NinjaX2099 posted...
Simmedon posted...
solosnake posted...

To both 1 & 2: to me personally it feels 10x better than to lose like that than to something totally out of my control. I guess I'm different than most then because I have no problem throwing a "Well Played" emote right before I concede and mean it if I legitimately get outplayed.

You might be a different case, but far too often you'll see people chalk their loss up to other classes being OP (like this thread and countless others), RNG screw, or just general resentment towards other archetypes

User Info: felica

felica
2 months ago#17
Wow we really complaining about a tier 2 deck at best?

Yes it can have big swing turns but it's not consistent at all and one of the worst decks to climb. For every amazing khadgar-4 7/8 taunts u get u lost 3-4 games in between that.

It auto losses to Aggro and Rogue. Only reason u see it is cause it can go against bomb warrior.

Any deck that statistically loses to the top 3 meta decks is not good no matter how many times u lose to it and if Bomb Warrior ever dies now the only niche this deck has also dies.

Mage is in a horrible spot right now and TC really in here saying Mountain Giant should go to HOF. Lmfao.
Patiently waiting for KH3 Final Mix/Pokemon Shield
3DS FC-0447-9990-9059 TSV-2787 IGN-Evan

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
2 months ago#18
It doesn’t statistically lose to all 3 meta decks, though. It beats all 3 Warrior decks soundly and Warrior is on the rise right now due to it being the best counter to Rogue.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

User Info: felica

felica
2 months ago#19
It doesn’t outright beat warrior. It can win yes but it’s not a auto win.

Aggro however does outright beat khadgar mage
Patiently waiting for KH3 Final Mix/Pokemon Shield
3DS FC-0447-9990-9059 TSV-2787 IGN-Evan

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
2 months ago#20
Khadgar Mage has a very favorable matchup against Warrior. I think against Bomb Warrior and Dragon Warrior, it's around 70-30 and slightly less against Control. That's about as bad of a matchup as you'll get for the Warrior.

Token Druid and Lackey Rogue are both 40-60 unfavored for the Mage. Worst matchup is Zoo at 35-65. Token Druid is very winnable, especially if you run MC Tech. Rogue is harder, but they generally don't have a good answer for Mountain Giant on 4, so you can sometimes just win off of that.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.
  • Topic Archived